Vermont

Pics
Quote:
Laury-

welcome-byc.gif

If you look a few pages back on this thread, Keara in Bristol is hatching some Black Copper Marans and should have some chicks for sale. Hopefully someone else will let you know who else is hatching right now. I think you missed getting any from the feed stores so you may be best off looking for local breeders, not altogether a bad thing. Although it would be worth calling Tractor Supply Company in Montpelier and Guy's Farm & Yard in Montpelier and Morrisville to see if they have any left, I know Guy's Farm and Yard in Williston does not have any, but they did tell someone else to check with Montpelier and Morrisville while I was in there.

Thanks for the shout out on my chicks... unfortunatly they are already spoken for. And now I have 5 broody hens, so I don't know when I will be hatching again.

-Keara

Thanks for trying to locate me some chicks. I've started to contact some local breeders from Craigslist and this forum (Birch Run). The Milton ad is pretty enticing!

As you all suspected, the grain stores are sold out. That's fine, I like the idea of local hen. Please send a note if you hear of any chicks (silkies, araucana or americaunas, and one other friendly breed for more standard looking eggs).

Thanks Again!

Laury

Last edited:
Quote:
keep an eye on craigslist, and check the NH craigslist too. Often NH has chicken swaps, though I know it might be more of a drive. Also look anything you buy over realy carefully for signs of illness. It is usually safer to buy day old chicks if you can! I also would recomend looking at mypetchicken.com they are nice to deal with and will send you smaller # of chicks.

I am looking for an old english game bantam roo - BB Red. Preferably in southern VT. I would consider trading an old english hen for a nice roo. Looking to get some genetic diversity in my flock.

Last edited:
Quote:
How'd you weather the storm last night? We got quite a show and some serious thunder, but the bulk of it was just south and east of us.

montpelier is a mess and i hear barre is worse

i had a meeting schedule for nine in barre with someone coming down from marshfield and he can't get there, and i don't even think i could get from montpelier to barre, even brought the truck out and left the car at home

lots of significant washouts and basements all over montpelier (residents as well as businesses) are flooded

little bit of sun out there now, but i'm not fooled

we had quarter sized hail last night too, ugh.

Back
Top Bottom