Vermont

Pics
Circlehouse - how adorable !

I wish I had known about ways to keep day olds outside !  The first two years I kept them in a big brooder box in my bathtub - WHAT A MESS !!!!   Hated it - so now I let any hens that go broody do my hatching out for young hens each year.   No mess and no fuss.

:)  

Wait until you get your first egg - it feels like a christmas present !!! 

I'm hoping you mean first 2 weeks....(instead of years!!)
I'm hoping to get at least one broody, would love to be able to watch the truley natural process! Can't wait for those eggs!!

lau.gif

lau.gif

I see how you could have read that ! I had chicks for two years in a row --- in the house for maybe 2 months ? because I just didn't have the right set up outside ....

That was good !

lau.gif

lau.gif

I see how you could have read that ! I had chicks for two years in a row --- in the house for maybe 2 months ? because I just didn't have the right set up outside ....

That was good !

You should definitely check out the MHP method if your broodies don't match their impulse to hatch pine shavings with your chick schedule.

I had a great hatch of khaki campbell ducklings! They're all so cute. The last ones are in the incubator now fluffing up. If anyone wants some, just let me know because I have more than I need :)

Last edited:
Hi !!!

Nope - I am in Brandon (closer to Middlebury / Rutland) but I do get up that way once a month or so.

WELCOME !

Share what chickies you have and you can see we LOVE pictures.

Back
Top Bottom