Vermont

Pics
Does anyone need/want a duck or have an extra they would be willing to sell? My Pekin died overnight leaving my Rouen, Daphne, alone. I’m trying to get a necropsy on Margery, but that may not happen. I would rather not lose Daphne, but I don’t want her to be alone.

Sorry you lost her :(

If you want, I have a Call drake looking for a home that would love a big lady to keep company.

Long shot here, but posting anyway... I (had) a Rouen and Peking duck. I live in Sheldon. They are about 2 months old, and the size of a full grown chicken. I had been putting them outside during they day. I was under the impression they were too big to fly, which I know now isn't the case if they're not full grown, as they both flew away today... So if you're in Sheldon and have a young Rouen or Peking show up on your property, could you please let me know. I don't have a problem if you can give them a good home, otherwise I will take them back. Thanks.

Long shot here, but posting anyway... I (had) a Rouen and Peking duck. I live in Sheldon. They are about 2 months old, and the size of a full grown chicken. I had been putting them outside during they day. I was under the impression they were too big to fly, which I know now isn't the case if they're not full grown, as they both flew away today... So if you're in Sheldon and have a young Rouen or Peking show up on your property, could you please let me know. I don't have a problem if you can give them a good home, otherwise I will take them back. Thanks.

I've never had a pekin or a rouen fly away, even as babies - their bodies are still just too big for their wings. I hope they turn up, but something may have eaten them :( Foxes will take whole birds away and leave no evidence behind.

So Tractor Supply in Rutland is selling these "leghorns" if anyone is in the market for some:

IMG_20180727_194934392.jpg

I've seen them mislabel breeds before, but never species!

Oh, and their dominiques aren't dominiques either :rolleyes:

Would anyone be interested in a little bantam cochin cockerel? I have two that need homes. One is splash mottled, and the other is black split to mottled. They're not hatchery stock and would make good 4H birds.

If they don't find homes they're gonna have to go feed the raptors at VINS.

I'm making a slow exit from chicken keeping and I have three roosters that need to find new homes.

William and Pickles are Faverolles and Yeti is a white Silkie. They're very nice boys - good temperaments. They are pet quality. William is the alpha of my rooster flock. Unfortunately, Pickles is lowest in the pecking order and has a very stubborn case of bumblefoot right now.

Otherwise they'll go to VINS with my jerk roos.

I'm making a slow exit from chicken keeping and I have three roosters that need to find new homes.

William and Pickles are Faverolles and Yeti is a white Silkie. They're very nice boys - good temperaments. They are pet quality. William is the alpha of my rooster flock. Unfortunately, Pickles is lowest in the pecking order and has a very stubborn case of bumblefoot right now.

Otherwise they'll go to VINS with my jerk roos.

There is a Facebook page- vermont bird fanciers- that I've rehomed a few Roos on. I've also donated to VINS.

Back
Top Bottom