Very confused

bpoore04

Songster
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
Ok so I had four chicks hatch approximately ten weeks and four days ago. Two are for sure pullets and one is a for sure a cockerel but the other one I am so stumped on it’s not even funny. One day I think he’s a cockerel and the next day I’m not sure. I know for sure it isn’t a pullet so that means it’s a cockerel but that just doesn’t sit right. Cause there is only two options right?!?lol Anyways I am attaching a picture below. Today it sung the egg song. Perfectly I might add. A ten week old chick sung the egg song?? And then it got all my hens to sing theirs and it was just a weird night at the chicken coop. So the egg song leads me to believe a pullet? But everything else says cockerel? Also why would a chick sing the egg song? Thanks in advance!
1F4B02EA-1C51-4153-BA49-BEAD387733EB.jpeg

Oh and also if anybody has any idea on the breed mix? We hatched some eggs with someone else in the incubator and I’m pretty sure this wasn’t supposed to be one of my chicks but we know I had another one hatch we just couldn’t figure out which one so I got this one. It’s like all white except it’s neck is a light brown and he has one black feather on the back of his neck. Thanks

Why do you know it isn't a pullet? Birds I've had that grew tail feathers that slowly are almost always cockerels but the comb and wattles are pretty small. I have no idea what it is, but it looks nice and healthy :)

Why do you know it isn't a pullet? Birds I've had that grew tail feathers that slowly are almost always cockerels but the comb and wattles are pretty small. I have no idea what it is, but it looks nice and healthy :)
I mean I am not like an expert chicken sexer lol but all the gals I’ve ever had have had tiny tiny combs up until they get ready to lay. And it shares some characteristics with both the pullets I’ve had and the cockerels I’ve had too

I'm not sure on the sex but, he/she could be an Amberlink. I know my amberlink hen has light brown feathers around her neck, and one feather on her neck that is a grey/black color.

Back
Top Bottom