Very early hatch

sunnie7

Crowing
7 Years
Oct 24, 2016
Southern Indiana
Today is only day 22 for the guinea eggs I got from the large nest I found. I was going to turn the automatic turner off tomorrow and move the eggs from a cabinet incubator (first time using) and into a small little faint one (I’ve used a few times now with a good hatch rate). However when I got home today I heard lots of chirping. 3 have hatched so far I hurried up and moved all the eggs to the bottom and closed it back up and added more water. Do I just leave it closed for a couple days now? Or once the other incubator warms up move then into it?! I wasn’t planning on hatching in the cabinet one because I can’t see into it or check humidity. I guess some were starting to develop under the hen that had been sitting on the nest already.

Today is only day 22 for the guinea eggs I got from the large nest I found. I was going to turn the automatic turner off tomorrow and move the eggs from a cabinet incubator (first time using) and into a small little faint one (I’ve used a few times now with a good hatch rate). However when I got home today I heard lots of chirping. 3 have hatched so far I hurried up and moved all the eggs to the bottom and closed it back up and added more water. Do I just leave it closed for a couple days now? Or once the other incubator warms up move then into it?! I wasn’t planning on hatching in the cabinet one because I can’t see into it or check humidity. I guess some were starting to develop under the hen that had been sitting on the nest already.
You can still move the eggs to your designated hatcher once it is ready to go.

I use an indoor/outdoor thermometer/hygrometer to keep track of what is going on inside my cabinet incubator. I put the remote outdoor sensor inside the incubator.

I also got tired of not being able to see inside my cabinet incubator and cut a hole in the door. I put a sheet of plexiglass on the inside and outside of the hole and can now see what is happening.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom