Very Happy with my Mt. Healthy order

I don't know what breeds they are, they don't tell you, they are too young and just getting their feathers to be sure. They will send you at least 3 different breeds. It looks like we have 4 or 5 breeds but it's hard to say until they get a little older.

Odd. They told me they would send a packing slip - so you may not know “who is who,” but you should at least know you had 3 of this, 4 of that, etc.

I also saw a recent youtube video where a lady got the assortment and they had marked which breeds on the box. Maybe check if you still have it?

I don't know what breeds they are, they don't tell you, they are too young and just getting their feathers to be sure. They will send you at least 3 different breeds. It looks like we have 4 or 5 breeds but it's hard to say until they get a little older.

Have any pics? Id love to venture guesses if your packing slip/box are long gone…they should have put the info somewhere on there.

Ooo yes! Some detective work - tell us which assortment you bought and then picks that show comb, side of the body and legs. ❤️❤️
Unfortunately my box nor my packing slip have the breed's listed.

We must have ordered different variety packages.

I have video of the box from every angle I videoed from the moment my fiance brought them in the house, taking them out one by one, and I have the box clearly from all angles in the video. I still have the packing slip and the pamphlet about caring for them that came with them. It just says Rare & Unique Breeds Variety then the quantity price totals etc..

The package I ordered was called
Unique & Rare breeds.

There is another package that I remember seeing but didn't order that was something like extremely rare and unique breeds. i just looked at their website and don't see either of these variety options anymore.

I went through their catlog last week and wrote down the breeds that are in the categories of rare & unique. I was hoping I could figure out as they get older what they are exactly.
Most of them could be multiple breeds based on photos and information I have looked into online.

Here is the list of what I "could have gotten"

Unique

Americana
Black Jersey Giant
Buff Orpington
Light Brahma
Production Red
Columbian Rock Cross
Golden Lace Wyandotte
Partridge Plymouth Rock
Silver Laced Wyandotte

Rare
Barnevelder
Blue Rock
Buckeye
Buff Brahma
Cuckoo Maran
Dark Brahma
Noir Maran
Olive Egger
Rhode Island Blue
Speckled Sussex
Welsummer

I tried to upload a video of them from yesterday but I think it's still in moderation.

Odd. They told me they would send a packing slip - so you may not know “who is who,” but you should at least know you had 3 of this, 4 of that, etc.

I also saw a recent youtube video where a lady got the assortment and they had marked which breeds on the box. Maybe check if you still have it?
It's usually on the label or under that grass pad thing.

Unfortunately my box nor my packing slip have the breed's listed.

We must have ordered different variety packages.

I have video of the box from every angle I videoed from the moment my fiance brought them in the house, taking them out one by one, and I have the box clearly from all angles in the video. I still have the packing slip and the pamphlet about caring for them that came with them. It just says Rare & Unique Breeds Variety then the quantity price totals etc..

The package I ordered was called
Unique & Rare breeds.

There is another package that I remember seeing but didn't order that was something like extremely rare and unique breeds. i just looked at their website and don't see either of these variety options anymore.

I went through their catlog last week and wrote down the breeds that are in the categories of rare & unique. I was hoping I could figure out as they get older what they are exactly.
Most of them could be multiple breeds based on photos and information I have looked into online.

Here is the list of what I "could have gotten"

Unique

Americana
Black Jersey Giant
Buff Orpington
Light Brahma
Production Red
Columbian Rock Cross
Golden Lace Wyandotte
Partridge Plymouth Rock
Silver Laced Wyandotte

Rare
Barnevelder
Blue Rock
Buckeye
Buff Brahma
Cuckoo Maran
Dark Brahma
Noir Maran
Olive Egger
Rhode Island Blue
Speckled Sussex
Welsummer

I tried to upload a video of them from yesterday but I think it's still in moderation.
I don’t think you can upload a video directly? You have to post it somewhere like youtube and then put a link here.

For IDing chicks though, photos of each (with a number on the photo so we know which photos are chick 1, which are chick 2, etc) probably helps more. We will need to see small details like teeny combs and foot colors.

I don’t think you can upload a video directly? You have to post it somewhere like youtube and then put a link here.

For IDing chicks though, photos of each (with a number on the photo so we know which photos are chick 1, which are chick 2, etc) probably helps more. We will need to see small details like teeny combs and foot colors.
Okay, I am an idiot and was completely wrong, I apologize. I looked over the video again, and you can see that 5 breed names that we got have been checked off. BUT I couldn't read it due to the video quality. I emailed Mt Healthy and told them what happened and ask for a copy of the packing slip for the Rare & Unique which they sent me first thing this morning. So now I know what breeds we have! I am so excited and impressed with Mt Healthy.

Here are the breeds, we got...

Black Giant
Buff Orpington
Columbian Rock Cross
Light Brahma
Speckled Sussex

I apologize again for being so adamant about them not telling us what breeds we received. And thank you all for letting me know or I wouldn't have looked into it further.

This forum is awesome!

I have a Tiktok with some videos and then a I have a folder in my Google photos that I have been sharing with friends and family.I have probably two hours worth of videos, lol. Anyone is welcome to either of those links. When I attempted to attach the file, it said the format was wrong, so I attempted to add it to the post as a [Media] item but it said the post would be moderated.

Thanks again for the help.

Okay, I am an idiot and was completely wrong, I apologize. I looked over the video again, and you can see that 5 breed names that we got have been checked off. BUT I couldn't read it due to the video quality. I emailed Mt Healthy and told them what happened and ask for a copy of the packing slip for the Rare & Unique which they sent me first thing this morning. So now I know what breeds we have! I am so excited and impressed with Mt Healthy.

Black Giant
Buff Orpington
Columbian Rock Cross
Light Brahma
Speckled Sussex

I apologize again for being so adamant about them not telling us what breeds we received. And thank you all for letting me know or I wouldn't have looked into it further.

This forum is awesome!

I have a Tiktok with some videos and then a I have a folder in my Google photos that I have been sharing with friends and family.I have probably two hours worth of videos, lol. Anyone is welcome to either of those links. When I attempted to attach the file, it said the format was wrong, so I attempted to add it to the post as a [Media] item but it said the post would be moderated.

So without photos (happy to look with the link though), here are some ID tips:

1. Feathered feet are your brahmas
2. Black chicks (black and white as day olds) are the jersey giants
3. Plain yellow are the buff orpingtons (I enjoy them a lot - super friendly). Their feathers will also be yellow, with flesh-toned legs.
4. Chipmunk striped day-old chicks are the speckled sussex. Feathers will come in reddish brown with speckles
5. Columbian rock may look similar to the buff orpingtons, but likely had some dark floof. And as the feathers grow in, they will be mostly white with a black “collar.” Yellow legs.

Black Giant
Buff Orpington
Columbian Rock Cross
Light Brahma
Speckled Sussex

This forum is awesome!

Those are some great breeds! Nice variety, friendly, and each will look different! I hope you enjoy them!

Ok, little update in the shipping saga:

Still no shipping notification from Mt Healthy (today was my new ship date - they never did email about how they rescheduled me til 4/16, but maybe they noted that I had called and been informed). Anyway, was about to call or email them to see if I got pushed again when I decided to check the post office “informed delivery” first.

And.

They shipped YESTERDAY. So that’s cool, glad they ship early-hatchers early when possible, but I am a bit confused that they don’t have an automatic email go out when they ship someone chicks. Looks like they prepped the box around lunch, and USPS for sure had it by dinner yesterday.

Anyway, if a Mt Healthy employee is lurking on here, it would be a very good addition to your process to have an automated email go out when chicks ship. And when ship days are changed in your system. Better to over communicate with your clients about when the chicks are coming. ❤️

And if I seem “extra” about it, (1) this is my first time with shipped chicks and my local post office makes me nervous - this sounded like their first time with live chicks when I called to give a heads up, and (2) we bought a couple chicks of other breeds locally to supplement this order, and they are growing fast! I was worried they would get too big to brood with these chicks.

Anyway, I’m sure I will post when they arrive. 😁😁 Hopefully all happy and healthy.

Back
Top Bottom