Very loud and continual quacking

Mudbillkisses

Songster
6 Years
Feb 21, 2016
I have been raising ducks on a small scale (2-3 at a time) now for 7 years. I currently have two females: muscovy and Ancona. My Ancona is 3 years old and last year and this year around spring time she starts getting very loud. I live in upstate NY so spring is a drastic shift from winter. I also don't live in the country so I have neighbors I have to be considerate of. This has been constant now for a few months.

She has a loud and peircing quack that gets worse at certain times of the day morning and evening around feeding time. She will also go off when me or my husband come into the yard then she'll calm down.

We hatched her so shes an imprinted duck, usually very sweet and needy... Likes to be around us. It has gotten so bad we thought maybe she was addicted to the meal worms so we stopped giving her those to see if she would get less worked up. It didn't change anything. We feel like we have to walk on egg shells in our own backyard.

A few weeks ago she lost her quack and sounded hoarse... It was so nice not dealing with it. Any suggestions for us? Is this normal... I've never had an Ancona before her.

We are desperate for ideas and insight. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom