Very poorly 6 month amber white please help!

The aquarium tubing works fine, easy to get. That's what I use. I put oil on it to make it go down easier. good luck
Yes, it will work fine, I just don't know what sizes they come in and I get confused easily by inner and out diameters, inches, french and mm, lol.

-Kathy

Last edited:
well we have just done our FIRST EVER tube feed with dioralyte (which is the english equivalent) (oil on it really did help). we weighed her and she weighs just under 1kg.

she is weak (legs giving way occ) but not too weak to peck us when doing the tube :)

her poo has quite a lot of white in it? so is green/dark small lumps and white and clear liquid.

there is quite a lot of what looks like feather scales coming off her too (im presuming this is normal and i just wouldnt normally notice?)

her eyes are still very clear and bright

her comb is dark pinky but looks ill (ie very dry)

any suggestions of what could be wrong with her would be very very welcome. in the meantime we will be following Kathy's feeding regime.

thank you so much for all support.

well we have just done our FIRST EVER tube feed with dioralyte (which is the english equivalent) (oil on it really did help). we weighed her and she weighs just under 1kg.

she is weak (legs giving way occ) but not too weak to peck us when doing the tube :)

her poo has quite a lot of white in it? so is green/dark small lumps and white and clear liquid.

there is quite a lot of what looks like feather scales coming off her too (im presuming this is normal and i just wouldnt normally notice?)

her eyes are still very clear and bright

her comb is dark pinky but looks ill (ie very dry)

any suggestions of what could be wrong with her would be very very welcome. in the meantime we will be following Kathy's feeding regime.

thank you so much for all support.

The white should diminish once you get her hydrated and the green should return to a more normal color once you have food moving through her system. No more weight should be lost... if it dos happen, increase tubing volume and/or frequency.

-Kathy

so this is an aquarium tube and is 6mm diamater. cut off at right length and end burnt to make very smooth. the syringes are frm boots chemist and are 20ml. i have 2 so i can do the feed without removing tube (tht was the plan but it stuck on the tube and i had to remove totally and go again - am going to oil entrance to see if this will avoid). with my girlfriend holding her so she was FACING me i inserted the (oiled with veg oil) tube into her mouth on the LEFT hand side & it goes down very easily. i had a tough time in the shops when they knew it was for chicken & was strongly advised against doing so saying i wld

damage the bird and just to syringe food into her mouth...im so glad i went for it as i really dont think she wld stand a chance otherwise. off to do another feed now :/

Yes, I should have mentioned to run it down that side, I knew that but didn't think of it.

Your setup looks like mine. I put oil in the syringe too, a little bit so it plunges as smooth as possible, not sure it really matters though since it's going right into the crop.

My husband doesn't know how I can do it, well, it gets a lot of food in with the least amount of time and probably all in all less stress.

Back
Top Bottom