Very poorly 6 month amber white please help!

just finished with her - phew! i really thought id killed her as after tube was removed her head was just hanging...an awful few mins...but then she went and ate 10 pomegrante seeds!! brilliant :)...im attaching photo of her latest poo and her in her crate..shes dark bt didnt want to use th flash...lets see how she is tomorrow...

have tube fed again. her poo is pale yellow and runny with dark poo small pellet size lumps in it. is it normal for bird to be exhaused after tube feeding? thank you...any insight and help very appreciated

have tube fed again. her poo is pale yellow and runny with dark poo small pellet size lumps in it. is it normal for bird to be exhaused after tube feeding? thank you...any insight and help very appreciated
Her exhaustion might be partially due to being handled, but most of them are not phased by it. Her poop definetly says sick bird. How does her poop look now?

-Kathy

When I was looking for a feeding tube, I found a Lamb feeding tube kit. It came in different gauges and I took the one that would fit the chickens. It was under 3-4 bucks. Otherwise I was going to use aquarium tubing. The. local feed place is called Blehyl's other is called Coastal Farm and Ranch.

hi Kathy - i just posted but its disappeared! tube fed at 2.30pm chick crumbs mashed up.. 30ml. her poo is like little dark pellets in water...not so much yellow currently. her eyes r bright bt legs still v weak. comb a better colour. she lies on me after tubing for about 30mins then i put her on th floor and she ate a pomegrante seed. studio temp is 28. your comments are invaluable and i appreciate thm greatly Kathy. thank you.

hi folks i have 3 questions

1. im crop feeding chick crumbs mash today but i have ordered kaytee? exact baby bird feed. do i stay on mash or switch to kaytees when it arrives?

2. she is showing interest in pomegranet seeds only. can i feed too much or shld i just go for it whilst shes so ill

3. do i continue tube feeding the dioralyte or stop now?

thank u

Switch to Kaytee when it arrives.

You can feed her quite a bit, just don't overfill her crop. As long as their crops clear, I keep feeding them.

You can switch to water and crumbles after about 24-48 hours if you want.

-Kathy

hi Kathy, im aware i sound ignorant...as i am! iv only had chucks 6 mnths and nevr had to deal with ths. i kno it must be hard for u as u cant see her bt cld u be mor specific? ie. how many times a day shld i feed and wat amount?. im currently doing 3 feeds at 30ml per feed. thank you v v much Kathy

how big is she? I would feed at least 2x a day. I was tube feeding bantam chickens 20 ml at a time and I could probably have done it 4x a day. Just wait until it clears before doing more is what I would say. As long as she maintains her weight and maybe gains if she has lost any. my chicken only weighed 1# 1oz. I'm guessing you might want to stick with the 30ml - Kathy will probably know better on that.

The baby bird food is most nutritious, that's what I used too.

Did you say you got pedialyte? or your version? that's good too.

good luck :)

Back
Top Bottom