BrahmaMom1797

Songster
May 18, 2017
I have some nearly 6 week old quail that I hatched in February, everything has been mostly okay except a very tiny FTT quail and now, a crying fluffed up and underweight quail, she keeps crying. I’m treating everyone with corid because that’s all I can think this is. But I’m wondering if anyone else has any ideas... should I do a tiny undiluted shot or is that too dangerous to do with quail, I’ve only ever done it with chickens.
I don’t want to fail her. Please help. I would upload a video but I can’t. She is making a normal quail sound but quieter and very sad sounding.

Is she getting food and water?
Any pecking going on?
No pecking from others going on, just the usual amount of no personal space consideration. She is pecking at food and is going for some water, so she’s luckily still go that going for her...

May just be the runt of the litter. Stop with meds. Try some poultry vitamins in the water for a day or two and then just good old clean water.
I did that already, everyone else is super stoked after it but she’s only tanked more. That’s the only reason I started corid now because vitamins haven’t done anything to her and I’m not looking for my whole flock to get sick especially since I just integrated some before noticing she was ill.

May just be the runt of the litter. Stop with meds. Try some poultry vitamins in the water for a day or two and then just good old clean water.
Eveyone else is very healthy weight and she’s lost some, just like my last chick who has coccidiosis. After trying a course of vitamins, I really don’t think I have any other option to try. If I don’t do this an she dies I’ll feel terrible. But if I do this, I’ll have at least tried.... maybe I’m being to worrisome.

Eveyone else is very healthy weight and she’s lost some, just like my last chick who has coccidiosis. After trying a course of vitamins, I really don’t think I have any other option to try. If I don’t do this an she dies I’ll feel terrible. But if I do this, I’ll have at least tried.... maybe I’m being to worrisome.
Can’t save them all. Some do just have issues.

Can’t save them all. Some do just have issues.
I understand that, I’ve lost a few, but I think if the only things I have to try are vitamins, which I did, and corid, I’ll keep trying with the corid and finish a full course and just hope.

Back
Top Bottom