VERY SADDLED duck egg! Need help please! 😩

To upload a video here first put it on YouTube then share the link
I see yellow bruising right at the air cell in a few pics
To me that looks how mine do when they internal pip
I really would like to see a video
To see what I can see
I know, I want you to see the video as well!
If you’d like you can go to my TikTok page. Amy Northrop Andersen. If you don’t have TicTok I’m on Facebook under the same username.
If you don’t have either I’ll have to sign up for YouTube.
So do you think he internally pipped?
To me it doesn’t appear he has because I can usually see their beak moving very clearly.. 🤷‍♀️
Please let me know if I need to sign up for YouTube. I’m not sure why I can’t upload because it says it takes videos from both Facebook and TikTok.

This little guy is a real mystery!! 😊

I’ve opened up safety holes and a bit more without directly getting the bird out. I start off twisting a hole at the top with a screw- in the air sac area. Then taking off pieces until I see the little guy. In this photo there’s red veins, so he was still absorbing. Once it was all absorbed he popped out.
1EEEF096-CF11-4298-9A25-445F5D054ECB.jpeg

High humidity results in a longer time for the absorption process amongst other things.

Cover the exposed membrane in water or, what I did, coconut oil. I use a q-tip (largely exposed) or a napkin (not very open- twisted tight like a stick. Ripped off little piece). Keep humidity in check when they’re exposed like this.

Hi Amy
How’s your little duck doing I’m really rooting for him and will be praying for him! I hope he makes it!! Your daughter sounds so sweet it’s so sweet she cares how old is she?

Back
Top Bottom