Very sick peacock - Two siblings already dead

you might be able to get it at a feed store cause I just looked at a UK Veterinarian page and they use it for cow feet. Call around and see if it is available in your area. I would still try the cayanne pepper and garlic

Last edited:
FYI, mortality in chickens in much lower than turkeys and peafowl. That is a fact.

-Kathy

We are not worried about that we just want to find something this person can use that might help

Key word "might". He doesn't have much time left, so I hate to see her off trying to get things that "might" work.

-Kathy

This is not my territory, but can you guys tell if either of these might help this poor peaboy?
They're definitely available OTC in the UK.

Octozin: http://www.waterlife.co.uk/waterlife/octozin.htm
Protozin: http://www.waterlife.co.uk/waterlife/protozin.htm

*eta:
Octozin suggested here as a substitute for fish zole: http://www.svas.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=3388.0

Good find! The octozin does have a drug that would be effective, but I don't know what the dose would be. Will see if I can find that.

-Kathy

Here is what it says about the active ingredient - Dimetridazole is used for treating and preventing blackhead in breeding flocks of chickens and turkeys and in game birds, and for preventing swine dysentery in pigs. The chemical is also used for treating canker in pigeons and caged birds.
Octozin seems to be the only way to get dimetridazole in the UK cause the UK banned the drug dimetridazole. Now Octozin only comes in a tablet for water, but you might be able to get a powder form in pigeon canker medicine if it is available. In the US the pigeon canker med says it is 40% dimetridazole but it too is mixed in water.

Been to the vets, they're really nice, however they can't get a hold of Octozin, but they are going to make something up for him to try and help him. They said whether it's too far down the road for him is a different case to if he makes him better. Anyhow I am taking him in to the surgery because they need to see him before handing out anything. In the meantime I will look for some cayenne pepper and such, just to help...

UPDATE - Have some chili, not entirely sure what to do with it. We are taking him to the vets in about half an hour.

Been to the vets, they're really nice, however they can't get a hold of Octozin, but they are going to make something up for him to try and help him. They said whether it's too far down the road for him is a different case to if he makes him better. Anyhow I am taking him in to the surgery because they need to see him before handing out anything. In the meantime I will look for some cayenne pepper and such, just to help...

UPDATE - Have some chili, not entirely sure what to do with it. We are taking him to the vets in about half an hour.

Don't know if they asked for it, but if you have a poop sample take it along, sample from dead sister could yield answers as well. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom