Very strange - Blood from nowhere !!!

tamz08

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jan 19, 2010
Knaresborough, North Yorkshire
Hi, when I went to clean out the coop yesterday, which I do everyday I noticed fresh blood on the shavings. I checked each chicken in a blind panic but could not find any evidence of injury or loss of blood from their bottoms etc. They all seemed healthy as usual but I wondered could this have been something which one of them has perhaps spat out or been sick? I checked the coop this morning before I went to work and all was fine. If any else has had this strange occurrence, please advise. Many thanks

Could they have caught a mouse or some other critter and eaten it? I've seen mine with baby birds that have fallen out of the nest and heard of others with snakes, mice, etc.

Hi, when I went to clean out the coop yesterday, which I do everyday I noticed fresh blood on the shavings. I checked each chicken in a blind panic but could not find any evidence of injury or loss of blood from their bottoms etc. They all seemed healthy as usual but I wondered could this have been something which one of them has perhaps spat out or been sick? I checked the coop this morning before I went to work and all was fine. If any else has had this strange occurrence, please advise. Many thanks

I noticed you said ...Blind Panic.....Slow down and check eat one very carefully from head to toe..... don't forget the ears.

let us know what you find if anything..........Good Luck.

Back
Top Bottom