Very strange find

That is horrifying lol. This makes me feel better about my cat that leaves me decapitated frogs on my porch.. :lol:
Binks is more sophisticated I couldnt tell you the # of times I have seen bullfrogs dragging themselves along because their back legs were MIA but they are still alive. He even brought me a coon once !

Its possible the chipmunk could have been poisoned. The poult could have been dropped by a fox or a hawk. The chipmunk happened upon it for a snack. The blood from the poult activated the poison in the chipmunks system & it dropped dead.

But I wouldn't rule out the 'Mrs. Peacock, in the conservatory, with the candlestick' idea either. ;)

If your cat is a prolific killer of wildlife, that's a sign that it's a good idea to start transitioning said cat over to indoor-only. Introduced predators are bad for the environment, plus that's a slow death for a lot of animals that will only be hunted for entertainment, not to mention the disease risk to your cat and to you. Plus, if your cat is indoors, it can't get rabies or other nasty diseases, bring in fleas/ticks, be killed by a predator, be run over by a car, or go missing thanks to a two-legged predator. You can give cats all the enrichment they need indoors, and it saves the local wildlife from being painfully murdered for entertainment. Plus, no more animal bits on your porch.

"fox got diverted" seems like the most reasonable theory here. Squirrels and chipmunks will eat baby birds, but not birds bigger than they are. Not worth the energy. Atricial baby birds are easy to grab and eat, precocial birds run and kick and fight.

I GOT IT!
The chipmunk was eating the young Turkey an choked to death on a bone!
Or the Turkey swallowed the chipmunk and burst up!
5369589.jpg

Back
Top Bottom