Very strange find

10492048_1531128233775946_6286956499434975541_n.jpg
My cat Binks

Mrs. Peacock, in the conservatory, with the candlestick!

My slightly different take. Fox made two quick kills in rapid succession. Assuming wild turkey so late spring or early summer when fox trying to provision litter, so fox carrying kills back to den. Then surprised and dropped items or it put items down and was after a third when scared off leaving prizes.

It does look like something was intent on feeding their little ones. Lots of new babies around that time of year.

A couple of years ago I heard a crazy ruckus in the shed. Upon opening the door I saw what I thought was a guinea keet being chased by a squirrel followed by three more squirrel carrying off large pieces of egg shells. Google Google Google. Turns out a wild turkey had managed to keep completely hidden long enough to hatch out her clutch. And squirrels will eat baby birds. After sharing this with DH his response was "NOW can I kill them?"

Rigor Mortis is only temporary...then it goes back to being the way it was before...I didnt know this...I guess I learned it on law and order. Im on here cuz my leghorn was missing tonight at ten pm when i went to work. I looked high and low and I found my two killer cats attacking each other (sisters) but that was it..no feathers. I get off before daylight...was thinking of letting some roosters out..but face it..no one human nor hen likes them...Im really hoping I find her....I really love my chickens as if they were (and they are) my real children. I never could have any human children so my 44 animals are all my adopted kids.

You have a really horrible cat...though mine is much worse. I find pieces of rabbit in my kitchen...never a head..they eat the brain first cuz of the fat content..they like that the best..i read that somewhere a long time ago. I also have umpteen lizards with no tails if they survive. I had one recouperating but it just died. Cats are pretty horrible animals..it did kill a mouse...but I have havahart traps for that. I have two feral kitten i had fostered and kept..they still have the wild in them.

I was going through old photos on my phone today and I came across this. It was taken in the summer 2 years ago. I was out on my ATV in the woods near our creek and I seen something on the path ahead. I stopped and got off my ATV to get a closer look. This is what I seen:

View attachment 1641478

A little turkey poult with a chipmunk - both dead. Rigor mortis had not set in yet either so these two recently died before my arrival. It looked to me like the chipmunk had attacked the poult, just judging by the positioning of them both...but that's just a guess. I have no idea if chipmunks actually attack birds or not. Even if it did, then why did the chipmunk die as well? It's very strange.

Definitely one of the weirdest things I have ever found on one of my rides! What do you think?
It seems like a predetor ( fox?) Haunted them both, and was bringing them to its pups and left them from some reason(you?) I feel like Hercule Poirot in one of Agatha Christie's books! :lau

Last edited:
My cat left me a present in the middle of the kitchen floor one night. I stepped on them with my bare feet, then picked them up and carried them to the light to have a closer look, wondering why there were blueberries on the floor. Unfortunately they were not blueberries, they were rabbit eyes!
yuck-jpg.1649625

That is horrifying lol. This makes me feel better about my cat that leaves me decapitated frogs on my porch.. :lol:

My cat left me a present in the middle of the kitchen floor one night. I stepped on them with my bare feet, then picked them up and carried them to the light to have a closer look, wondering why there were blueberries on the floor. Unfortunately they were not blueberries, they were rabbit eyes!
View attachment 1649625
Oh Fricking GACK!!

Back
Top Bottom