Very unusual chick, Guinea / chicken hybrid!!

Nature girl - do you have a hen? those waddles look big though it is hard to see in the pix since they are not close ups

reminds me of that hybrid guinea/peafowl too :D I saw that picture on the asian site and there is heaps bred in other countries, its a common hybrid that one

NO NO It wasn't meant for you at all! No that wasn't my intent at all. Bemba and I already talked about it.I was making reference to some bullying that I was seeing. Not you though. We are totally ok.Sorry for the misinterpretation....
hugs.gif
All good, I wasn't offended, no need to apologize. :D
hugs.gif

Nature girl - do you have a hen? those waddles look big though it is hard to see in the pix since they are not close ups

Yes my lady is a hen. She scared the heck out of us about 2 months after we rescued her from a bad home. She didn't come home one night with all the other chickens....which she has spent her whole young life with (5 years) and it freaked us out!! |She came back the next morning but disappeared again that night and we found her nest she built in the bush that had 16 eggs in it!! lol With us, its the first time in her life she has been able to free range. We hope to get her another Guinea Hen companion this spring.

Hi all, Just thought I'd share some updated pics of the hybrids and friends. They are now enjoying a very spacious new pen and are free range all day! They are definitely associating more with the guineas than the chickens now, their calls still sound very chick like.

Yes my lady is a hen. She scared the heck out of us about 2 months after we rescued her from a bad home. She didn't come home one night with all the other chickens....which she has spent her whole young life with (5 years) and it freaked us out!! |She came back the next morning but disappeared again that night and we found her nest she built in the bush that had 16 eggs in it!! lol With us, its the first time in her life she has been able to free range. We hope to get her another Guinea Hen companion this spring.
Very nice pure bred guineas good to see that quality , congratulations.

Back
Top Bottom