VERY upset. Need a shoulder.

Sadly that's typical. Even being sent back out after you have served a full term of ACTIVE duty is common. Nevermind sending people back into combat who have been injured already. It's a sad day when our own government won't honor the contracts it writes. Best of luck and safe times for you and yours. Oh, and of course be sure and check out USAA for checking, insurance, etc. Anyone who serves, or their children, grandchildren, etc. can get the great products and services they offer. On a tight budget that can make a HUGE difference.

Quote:
I agree, doesn't have to be a big dog. My Min Pin will and can tear right through jeans. I would also consider some self defense courses.

I honestly do not know how you wives feel when your husbands are deployed and Lord knows that I never want to find out, but my heart goes out of each and everyone of you. I'm sorry this happening to you and your kids, I know it must be very hard.

hugs.gif

Even Pit Bull Warning Signs on a gate are good deterrents... or in my case Beware Of Guard Emu.....LOL. I know it's scary, but use your time away from each other to put your attention on you.... find yourself. Do things you enjoy, grow as a person, reach out to others. Being by yourself for a time can be helpful, I didn't like it at first but after 12 years of marriage i was looking forward to some of them... LOL. Get a Magic jack phone thingy.... it often lets you make calls to different places like a reg call. Another member uses it to call her son in Iraq. I'm sure hubby would understand wanting another critter if it made you feel safe...... Also get involved with your children s school and other mothers. I'm sure there are other moms in your situation to befriend.

Yeah, like chickenzoo said just now, get a few beware of dog signs. And by god, learn to shoot a gun! And more importantly, be comfortable shooting one. I don't hunt and I don't particularly "love" guns, but DH does and they are EVERWHERE around my house. But I do know how to shoot, and believe you me, if someone ever threatened mine or my family's safety, I am perfectly capable and have no qualms about shooting that gun and I would not be sorry for what it did to the person! Hmm...I think I'd go for the SKS in the closet...one look at that gun and they'd probably turn tail and run!

I have a rottie and a doberman now, but I agree sometimes a smaller dog does the trick. I had a weenie dog once that would go for the jugular! But I've got the dogs now that really put the fear in people, Gretchen the doby lets us know if anyone comes within a mile radius of the house, and my well mannered Rottie Mack wouldn't hurt a fly, but he looks like he could! Plus, I know if anone EVER put me or DH in danger, he'd eat their face for lunch! Maybe your dog is like him, a little braver than you give him credit for.

One more thing, I feel safe where I live rather DH is here or not, I mean, we never lock our doors or anything. I WOULD NOT live somewhere I didn't feel safe, and that seems to be part of your problem. I think others have suggested maybe staying with family till your hero comes home? It takes a villiage you know...it would definatly be helpful to have some help with the kiddos.

My heart goes out to you, but I have to agree that you are a bit more anxious than "normal". You've gotten some very good advice, mine is to talk to someone about your perspective so your children don't end up with neurosis. Children learn what they live. A secure healthy mom will grow secure healthy kids.
Warm wishes to you and your family this Holiday. It will be more precious for you with having them all together this year.
Carrie

I am so sorry to hear of your husband's upcoming deployment. I am a military wife as well, and deployments are never easy. My husband is 4 months into a 6 month deployment, and we miss him terribly. We had several months notice, but it didn't sink in until the last week when we started going over paperwork. The last Sunday at church I could do nothing but cry.

The first month was a nightmare, but after that, I came out of the fog and am doing okay. I recommend taking the classes and keeping yourself busy-it keeps you from moping, and the time seems to go faster. We ended up getting a puppy and a kitten, and that has kept me hopping. LOL

My biggest adjustment was involving the phone. My dh was a truck driver in his civilian life, and I could call him all the time. Three in the afternoon, three in the morning. Then all of the sudden I couldn't do that anymore, and it was really hard. Tell people your husband is deploying. You need a support system in place-people to call you and ask how you are doing, to check in and make sure you're not hiding in a dark cave like you want to.

Don't be surprised if you think you are doing okay, then suddenly start crying when your dh calls. You never know how you're going to react. My prayers are with you. Thank you and your husband for your sacrifice to our country. God bless and Merry Christmas you can always PM me if you wish, I am here to listen.
hugs.gif

As a former Army wife, I thank you and your husband for your service. For whatever it's worth, here are my own suggestions for Army wife livin' - -

* Get a German Shepherd or Shep mix. Be absolutely certain he (perhaps not 'she') is good around your children. Having eyes and ears that NEVER TURN OFF is the best weapon any army in history ever had. As an old broad I am not afraid to stay alone, but I sure do sleep better when my Boy is lying across my doorway.
* Learn to do stuff yourself - - replace spotlights, fix wobbly furniture, hang pictures, change your oil, maybe simple plumbing stuff - - anything that needs doing, you may as well learn how to do if you can. This is an excellent time to learn, and you will feel great knowing you can take care of yourself.
* Help the kids through the transition. You can cry your eyes out when you go to bed if you need to, but the kids should never feel afraid. They, and you, are the backbone of our military - - and you all must be strong and appreciate yourselves and your sacrifice.
* Be clear in your mind whether you are supportive of the mission, or whether you resent your position. Only you can answer this, and I can tell you from experience that it is imperative that spouses support the military mission. Resentment can and will undercut your husband's outlook, his job, and your marriage. You are gonna have to be one tough cookie, and boy are military wives an incredibly resourceful bunch.
* Seek out experienced military wives for support. They have much to teach.
* Be good to yourself.
smile.png

* Remember hubby will have lonely/worried feelings of his own to deal with, and he may not be as good at communicating them as chicks are. He needs you! You are his lifeline, his home, his center, his reason for defending. BE THAT.
smile.png

Strength to you and your family! Let there be no doubt that you will succeed.

Blessings -

Back
Top Bottom