VERY upset. Need a shoulder.

chickensducks&agoose

Songster
11 Years
Aug 28, 2008
New England.. the cold part.
Well, we thought my husband was safe from deployment, as he is halfway through his Officer school. He was on the waitlist for the upcoming March class, but apparently got bumped and put in the July class... and since that's so far away, they have decided to just sent him to afghanistan for a YEAR... with 20 days notice.... and yes, he'll spend 2 months training in a US state first, but i won't be able to see him... and my 3 kids (6, 4 and 3) are just beside themselves. Plus, I am a little bit anxious in general, being the only adult in my rural house in the dark makes me paranoid and scared. last time he was gone for a long time, I spent an inordinate amount of time sitting in the dark on my stairs with my pistol... just waiting. Every little noise woke me up if I managed to get to sleep, but mostly I couldn't sleep... So, I don't want to tell anyone that he's leaving, the idea of every townie and country idiot knowing that I am home alone with my 3 kids for a whole YEAR makes me want to vomit... (not that every person is an idiot, i just worry about the idiots knowing)... SO I'm telling you all, since I'm pretty sure most of you are not crazy homicidal maniacs... and I need to tell SOMEONE... I told my family, but asked them not to tell anyone else... so anyway, he's leaving on January 7th (we're pretty sure.. could be the 8th), and I am trying really hard to not be a total wreck... anyway, thanks for reading.

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

hugs.gif
to you. I'm glad my husband is retired, I hated it. Try to do the things you love, spend extra time with the kids, get a good guard dog, put up security cameras... what ever would make you feel better at night. I had a Dalmatian that would sit against my front door, by my bedroom all night and i knew I was safe. She was a good protector. I had cameras so I could see if someone was at the door, pulled in the driveway etc.... I also had good neighbors that all knew how to use a shot gun...
lol.png
Prayers for all your safety.

hugs.gif

Aww, darlin, I'm sorry. I can't imagine what you're going through, I couldn't be without my DH for a day. Just try to stay strong because your babies depend on you...you'll make it through this!

His sacrifice for our country is huge, but your sacrifice is great too. Thank you to both of you for protecting me and my family!!

I agree---get a dog--- it doesn't have to be a big guard dog--- I have a Cocker Spaniel who would make you think he is 10 times bigger-- I call him my 19 pound Doberman! he has a big rough bark--
you can do this --- you will come out of this stronger than you ever thought you could be.
hugs.gif

Please thank your husband for his service to our country. His willingness to protect my freedoms means more to me that I can ever put into words.

Thank you for your service to our country by supporting your husband and his military service. You job is probably harder than his.

I am sorry for his deployment and how you will be left alone to raise your children in his absence. It is a big price to pay. I thank you for paying it on the behalf of my family.

Back
Top Bottom