Very wrinkled egg

RedCoopOnWheels

In the Brooder
Jun 28, 2015
NE Illinois
We found this very wrinkled egg in our barn this morning. It is a normal sized egg (2 1/2 inches) but the shell seems thick and the egg might be slightly heavier than normal. As far as we can tell, all of our chickens are acting normal (i.e., not acting sick), and all of the chickens which might have laid this egg in this area are only about 1 1/2 years old. Should we be looking out for any signs of illness? Or is this just a fluke occurrence?

Attachments

• WRINKLED EGG IMG_6973.JPG
    WRINKLED EGG IMG_6973.JPG
    462.9 KB · Views: 18
I wouldn't worry. The occasional wonky egg is normal for chickens. That is the most wrinkled egg I've ever seen though! It certainly wins the prize!

We found this very wrinkled egg in our barn this morning. It is a normal sized egg (2 1/2 inches) but the shell seems thick and the egg might be slightly heavier than normal. As far as we can tell, all of our chickens are acting normal (i.e., not acting sick), and all of the chickens which might have laid this egg in this area are only about 1 1/2 years old. Should we be looking out for any signs of illness? Or is this just a fluke occurrence?

Back
Top Bottom