Vet suggestion for non-invasive bumblefoot cure

Quote:
I was raised in East Texas until I was 20 years old. I never heard of or seen goat heads until I visited Bakersfield, CA. I wanted an orange off the tree in the backyard so bad because I had never had fresh fruit straight from the tree. Let me tell you I WANTED THAT ORANGE BAD!!! Want proof? I didn't know about goat heads and walked across a 1/2 acre lot full of them to get to that tree BAREFOOTED!!. About halfway I realized I was in serious trouble. I got my orange. A fat girl don't give up on food
lau.gif
I had to soak my feet for 3 days and stay on the couch but I won't ever forget what that orange tasted like. Oh that might as well have been fruit from heaven. All I had ever had was from the grocery store.

Quote:
I was raised in East Texas until I was 20 years old. I never heard of or seen goat heads until I visited Bakersfield, CA. I wanted an orange off the tree in the backyard so bad because I had never had fresh fruit straight from the tree. Let me tell you I WANTED THAT ORANGE BAD!!! Want proof? I didn't know about goat heads and walked across a 1/2 acre lot full of them to get to that tree BAREFOOTED!!. About halfway I realized I was in serious trouble. I got my orange. A fat girl don't give up on food
lau.gif
I had to soak my feet for 3 days and stay on the couch but I won't ever forget what that orange tasted like. Oh that might as well have been fruit from heaven. All I had ever had was from the grocery store.

yuckyuck.gif

Jen

ArizonaNessa, thanks so much for this info, I haven't had to deal with bumblefoot as yet but I am definitely of the weak stomach variety & have had visions of blacking out during the surgery!!
hide.gif
At least nowI know I have an alternative to try first.

Ive heard since its staph and your pet has it, give them snow/very cold ice water to stand in for 5-10 minutes and it kills the bacteria. Idk though, never had to deal with it.

Yes cold kills staph but depending on how deep it goes I am not exactly sure that the foot itself could withstand the cold it would take to kill it all. I would assume that warm soaks would cause the staph to thrive so when making any type of soak I would use only cold water.

WoW ~ I have all that stuff in my yard too but I have never had an issue with bumblefoot. I have helped quite a few people in the area with it though. I guess I am just lucky.

Checked out Wikipedia and after I got through all the references to REAL goat's heads I found a picture...it really does look like a goat skull! (and the plant itself is kid of pretty in a weedy way) I was thinking that I had it here (in WI) but what we have is a very different plant that makes square stickers. It is called Motherwort and is pretty when growing but man those seeds! NASTY! Isn't as bad as the one you have down South though! Terri O

Back
Top Bottom