Vet suggestion for non-invasive bumblefoot cure

Hello! Does anyone know how to store the Tricide-neo water mixture? Can I put it in the freezer or fridge without killing the mixture? My duck Maize is starting to get over bumblefoot and I have a lot of the mixture left. Thanks!!!

I have stored it before for brief periods of time by pre-mixing a gallon and storing it in a cool, dry place. However - I do not think it is meant to be stored for longer than a week or so from what I remember. I think it will lose its efficacy if not fresh.

What about making a paste of the TricideNeo and then use vet wrap. Seems it would be in contact with the tissue longer. You could mix it with antibiotic ointment.

What about making a paste of the TricideNeo and then use vet wrap. Seems it would be in contact with the tissue longer. You could mix it with antibiotic ointment.

TricideNeo isnt cheap and the amount purchased is a small quantity. You have to make it last as long as possible especially if there's a large scab which requires many soaks over a longer periods of time, sometimes a month or longer.
Also, Trineo is meant to be mixed in distilled water. Mixing it with an antibiotic ointment could possibly change the chemical/property make up of either product causing unknown problems or ineffectivenss. More is not necessarily better in this instance.

Would it be harmful to the bird to be in contact with the skin? When people are curing their exotic fish they make a paste and paint on the rot of their fish, as well as leaving the fish for a soak in the same stuff with distilled water.

Well, we are using fish medicine on them and I know they're not a fish. I have my neo ordered. Will let everyone know. I took my chicken to the vet to cut the bumble out, but he said the bird would have to be put to sleep and he would use a lasar on her and stich afterwards. $400.00. Needless
to say I brought her home.

Back
Top Bottom