Vet won't neuter yet. Do I dare take a chance?

Quote:
They will.. it can take a while though.
Plus the old ladies are teaching him his place in your "pride"... with multiple cats there always has to be someone at the bottom..
He'll be accepted.. but he'll have to know his place also.
And also, they will probably always squabble a little bit. Mine do it too... a hiss and swat here and there... then they lay down together later on...
roll.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I've had a female that went in heat nothing ever happened. and I read somewhere male cats will still spray if their neutured. same with dogs.
My cat now don't need to be because theirs no males.
smile.png

Females WILL spray when in heat... trust me. And come smell my couch. (actually, i have a new couch now, because of her..
hmm.png
)
Yes, females will spray... ugh..
th.gif

Not all do, but heaven help you if they do...

I thought you meant unwanted litters. My bad.
smile.png

I just read your initial post and haven't read the thread yet, but yes-you're perfectly safe to wait until he's 4 months. It amazes me how some vet still won't spay/neuter at 8 wks.
He's not going to reach sexual maturity until he's between 7-9 months at the soonest.
I neuter everything with testicles ASAP, too
lol.png
My husband says he's scared for my 15 yr old son (which he should be haha!)

We always got ours done between four and six months and had no issues.

Our vet now prefers to wait until 6 months for spays on dogs, not sure on cats. Gives them some time to mature before a major surgery. I'm not actually sure on dog neuter time as our boy broke his leg a month after we got him and it was recommended to wait until after it was fully healed 6 months.

We are semi looking for a kitten now. I'm not wanting to breed them so any cat will be fixed by 6 months. I will never have an unspayed female again. Omg, the noise and yelling.

Quote:
I sooooo agree. And heaven help you if that female cat has even an ounce of siamese in her. You'd swear that the world was coming to an end with their catawalling.
roll.png

I've had a female that went in heat nothing ever happened. and I read somewhere male cats will still spray if their neutured. same with dogs.
smile.png

There are TONS of reasons to get female cats spayed besides preventing pregnancy. Letting a cat (or dog) go into heat even once GREATLY increases chances of mammary, ovarian and uterine cancers, not to mention being spayed just makes them generally healthier. And, if she did ever happen to slip out through the door, you won't have to worry about adding to the animal overpopulation issue...

Quote:
I once had a female kitten, solid black. Still single at the time I was desperately trying to save up the money to have her spayed at my vet. When she went into heat the first time...OMG!...my friends used to tease me because we all liked to voice chat at night and no one could hear me for that cat's wailing. She must have had some siamese blood in her somewhere. She literally clawed at the walls trying to get out so she could get herself knocked up. I was never so glad to have a cat spayed in my life.

I had a Siamese cat, OMG! It drove my mom and dad up the wall with her yowling and excessive talking. Well, she got pregnant with my sister's unfixed cat, which he was of tender age of barely six months old when he did the deed.

As soon I had a litter from my Bambi, I told Mom, never again I will have a female cat that is not spayed. Four Siamese cats, all females, were all spayed as soon as they could and one time I let it go because I didn't have the money to spay her but made darn sure she didn't ever go outside. She was one hussy after my husband LOL! She was not a yowler but her rubbing, putting her rear end in his face...it was priceless when he was disgusted with her "hussy" ways of attracting her.

I love Siamese but in heat, forget it! I got them spayed around 2 lbs up to four months of age. No issues at all.

Quote:
I sooooo agree. And heaven help you if that female cat has even an ounce of siamese in her. You'd swear that the world was coming to an end with their catawalling.
roll.png

smile.png

Actually, female cats that are not going to be bred should still be spayed because as induced ovulators, they can develop cystic ovaries if they are not bred or spayed.

Back
Top Bottom