VETERANS' DAY

Oh i didn't see this post this morning before i started another. I even did a search!!!!

Yes i agree thank you to all that have helped keep this country safe!!

Last edited:
Veterans Day is coming up again. Wednesday, November 11, 2009.

carugoman, I hope you're still with us.

carugoman wrote:
It is now the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month!!! Please AMERICA take a moment and think about those that have put their lives in harm's way so that FREEDOM may ring for every generation of CITIZENS of these United States of America. This day is not for those that gave their lives and paid the ultimate sacrifice; they have their own holiday, but for the living veteran, the one who still suffers today, when (s)he sees how most Americans forget or trivialize their (the veterans') sacrifice. So please, put your politics and grievances aside and "thank a VET!"

Master Sergeant Carl R Goetz United States Army, United States Air Force; retired

A.K.A. 'carugoman'​

I am here...still fighting the DVA for my benefits that are mine; that I've earned; The American People proffered pending that I honor my part of the contract that I toke an oath to uphold AND now the professional politicians do not wish to "honor" that contract made to this professional warrior! Though I walk through thy valley of Death; I shall fear not thy Evil...GOD hath created not thine Evil oh minions of Satan!

Well deserved thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks to all Veterans past, present, and future!

USN Vet here

200px-CQM_Jenkins_Dolphins_now_worn.jpg

USS Grayback LPSS 574
USS Los Angeles SSN 688
USS Bremerton SSN 698

Steve in NC

The whole time I was in the Army I never really thought much about it and really didn't realize that I was a vet. Everyone around me was so I wasn't anyone special. I still don't really consider myself special, just someone that did their job and was ready to go if called. Fortunately I wasn't.

Now that I have been retired for 10 years (wow, 10 years already) and that we have been at war with "terror" for almost that long I have a spot in my heart for our vets. I think all the WW1 vets are now gone, WW2 and Korea vets are going quickly, Viet Nam vets are still fighting for their rights and suffering greatly from injustices from an ungrateful nation and a system that is hard to move. Now we are seeing a great influx of new and young vets that have survived great trauma, both physical and mental.

I didn't do anything great but I hate to see all those others not receive the recognition they so much deserve. This includes the families and friends that suppored them.

Sorry to be such a downer but thank you for listening.

Back
Top Bottom