vicks?

horsechick

Songster
12 Years
Nov 14, 2007
Eaton, Ohio
Hi,
I thought I read something about Vicks somewhere? maybe putting on their nostrils for a cold or something?
Anyone?
THanks,
Angela

Edited to add: thought it was a "wifes tale" type remedy for use on chickens....
not asking about uses on humans, althought on the feet is one I hadn't heard but may try sometime when have a cold. =]

also thought someone mentioned putting vasoline on a chickens comb if it is larger one in the winter to help protect it from cold and frostbite. Is that true?
Thanks,
Angela

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm sure she DID read the package (even though the writting on those is pretty darn tiny) - she was asking about something that was posted here a few days ago - I think it was on a thread by MissPrissy.

You can rub Vicks Salve on a chickens face and under the wings for a "Chicken Cold". For people, rub the bottom of the feet with Vick's and put socks on at bedtime. It helps a chicken to breathe just like it does people. Just rubbed on different places.

The Vicks on the bottom of human feet with socks on over it DOES work. I am a nurse and a mother and I have tried some crazy old folks remedies and that one was told to me by a 96 year old nursing home patient of mine.

Back
Top Bottom