Victims of TSC/Feed stores unite! Post Pics!!

No... but there are other feed stores abound in other towns. And I'm hatching eggs. And I have friends around here that are enablers. LOL

lol.png
lol! Have fun then!
tongue.png

Ducksndaffodils, I was doing some reading on medicated feed and ducklings. The latest literature I read said amprolium (coccidial-stat med in medicated chick feed) is ok for ducklings because the amount added has changed over the years to a level that ducklings can tolerate. Many people on these forums say they feed medicated and have had no problems. Have you had recent personal experience feeding it or are you going on what history states? I'm just wondering. I'm new to duck keeping.

This thread is great! Made me laugh! My local Agway is going to start selling ducklings and chicks next week. I make almost weekly visits to Agway to keep up with the food, bedding, and materials to improve my pen. It is going to be SO hard to walk out without some of those cuties every week :)

There is no problem feeding feeds medicated with amprolium. Amprolium is a thiamine blocker that inhibits coccyx growth. Past medications were arsenic based and ducks have a lower tolerance for arsenic than chickens.

Clint

Ducksndaffodils, I was doing some reading on medicated feed and ducklings. The latest literature I read said amprolium (coccidial-stat med in medicated chick feed) is ok for ducklings because the amount added has changed over the years to a level that ducklings can tolerate. Many people on these forums say they feed medicated and have had no problems. Have you had recent personal experience feeding it or are you going on what history states? I'm just wondering. I'm new to duck keeping.
No, I have not had a personal experience (we actually make our own feed) but all I had heard, including quite a few statements by people on here, have said that it is best to avoid medicated feed for ducklings. But maybe that was wrong info?

Adorable ducklings by the way!!
big_smile.png

Here's some pics of my 2 week old ducklings from TSC, that I bought yesterday. It took them a little while, but they have warmed up, and are really quite friendly.

Topsy, my sweet little crested runner. <3

They made a VERY brief visit outside this afternoon. They are quite curious, and one of them (currently dubbed Chester) is super bold and piggish. He tries to gobbles up ALL the peas and treats before anyone else gets them...
idunno.gif

I love their long necks and goofy stance!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom