video ads causing typing lag

gpop1

Songster
5 Years
May 2, 2015
The video adds are causing problems when typing. It can take 3 goes to enter the password as I type faster than the text shows up. If I turn off the video ads then I don't have a problem but if I change the page they turn themselves back on.

I understand that the ads pay for the site so any suggestions would be welcome (may be missing a certain video driver or something)

Alienware I7, windows 7, 5mb per second connection (download) 1.5mb per second (upload)

Yeah - it's a bit of a pain. Using adblockers can help, but the most surefire way to address it is to pony up the $$ for a paid memership (golden feather) which allows you to turn the ads off, just a matter of whether that is something you are willing/able to do at this time.

We'll look into this. Can you provide the following:

1) The browser and version you're using
2) A screenshot of the ad so we can find out which ad network is showing the ad
3) Also, to clarify: Are these auto playing ads, and is it just the video or the audio too?

Last edited:

add on the right of the screen. IE gets upset sometimes when I try to close the ad because there 2 on most screens so once you tell one to shut down the other seems to complain.

There is no volume (had to find headphones as I never use sound)

im using IE version 11.0.26

these are auto play ads. I also auto delete all internet history, passwords, etc when I exit the net so this may be causing a problem as everything has to be buffered rather than being pulled from memory.

No problem with any other ad type including mouse over, click to visit or other video type ads.

sorry better picture

if I try never show video ads then send IE gets all upset

Back
Top Bottom