Videos**Then and Now: Duckling almost two weeks into niacin deficiency treatment. Any changes?

They sure look happy. You can’t get anything in there to stand on but if you let them just swim in the tub then you could give them something to stand on. And with you watching them so close they probably wouldn’t need anything anyway. Awesome look forward to some great updates. You’ll need 5 growing stages with those little ones. They grow so fast.

They sure look happy. You can’t get anything in there to stand on but if you let them just swim in the tub then you could give them something to stand on. And with you watching them so close they probably wouldn’t need anything anyway. Awesome look forward to some great updates. You’ll need 5 growing stages with those little ones. They grow so fast.
I was thinking eventually the tub will have to be filled for them. I just hate the idea of bathing in a tub ducks pooped in, even though I Clorox the heck out of it. I mean, I still have to dump out and drain the poop water anyway haha. Mentally having a hard time getting passed that. Wish we had an extra bath!

I hope to send some good updates! I see my bigger one declining :( She seems to just crawl around more without even trying to walk, that's why I am hoping the bigger house will help them walk around. I watched her on video, though, and she was belly scooting to the food ugh

The one that was walking slowly is now scooting around on her belly? Your now giving both the liquid b complex? And she is moving her legs good in the water? Hopefully, the liquid B will help her, That's the only thing I can think this could be is niacin deficiency. They looked like they were having so much fun in the water. They look healthy.
do you mind saying where you ordered these ducklings from?

The bigger one can walk, but seems to prefer to just scoot on her belly. When she gets up, it’s almost like she’s trying to move too fast she falls anyway, if that makes sense. I watched them on the camera today and they haven’t moved much. They both get the b complex. Today is only the 2nd day for the big one and both seem to move their legs just fine in the water. The only thing I notice is that the injured leg of the little one doesn’t go back quite as far when she’s paddling. I agree they look happy and healthy in the water, that’s why I make sure to get them in there. They just don’t move much in their house and the one still won’t put weight on her one leg, and again, the other doesn’t seem to want to move. I’ll see if I can get a video of her unwillingness to walk much tomorrow.

I don’t mind at all, I got them from Metzer farms, so a long trip for them to MI

This is just a suggestion but from all I have heard about Metzer being a great place to get ducklings maybe you could send an email to them along with a video and see what they suggest? Or what they think could be the problem. Your biggest one more than likely has a niacin deficiency and hopefully, the B complex will get her up and going by a couple of weeks.
The littlest one just not sure if it's a tendon or something else but I still think she should have the liquid B complex too. But since they have been in the business so long maybe they have something else to suggest. And once the splints get to you hopefully they will help getting the little one going.

I’m sorry that’s not good when you have young ones that need warmth, but sounds like you have them covered literally . Do you lose power because of the severe storms that came through?

I know. I’m worried about them as they seem extra lethargic :( We had high winds up to 60 mph gust and we live in the middle of the woods so power lines down all over the place. You’re really very sweet to check in on us :) My husband is going to run into town and get more hand/feet warmers to help keep them warm when I can’t snuggle them.

We live in the middle of the woods too, but thankfully the mountain range usually stops any serious weather from getting to us. Like tornados. I am sure your doing all you can to take care of them.

Back
Top Bottom