violent hen

Petit-Chous

Hatching
Apr 18, 2015
Hello all,
I am brand new to raising chickens and I have a problem. We had two 20 week old barred rock hens that got along famously. We added one more from the same family tree and she is an unholy terror. Within a matter of minutes she was really giving the others hell. I don't know what to do. I don't really have the time or money to invest in making another coop and run for just one chicken. But I have a hard time abandoning her (what kind of lesson does that teach my kids?). I'm really at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

I take it you added this chicken after the others had all been together for the past five months and it's the same age and from the same original brooder as the others?

It's normal for a chicken that is coming into a flock to be either overly aggressive and challenging others for a higher place in the pecking order or the chicken will be submissive in order to fit in.

It usually resolves itself withing a sort time, and it rarely lasts past the first day. So when did you add this chicken and how long has the friction been going on?

Back
Top Bottom