Violete Peafowl

This spalding from Texas is first class ... because he wears medals as used to wear green peacocks!

Not all Spaldings have medals!

This spalding from Texas is first class ... because he wears medals as used to wear green peacocks!

Not all Spaldings have medals!
He looks like a pure green to me, what makes him look like a spalding to you? i am learning all i can about them and i do not see why you say spalding, educate me please
big_smile.png

He looks like a pure green to me, what makes him look like a spalding to you? i am learning all i can about them and i do not see why you say spalding, educate me please
big_smile.png
Its a pure green, i think he is referring to the purple peacock as a spalding.

Its a pure green, i think he is referring to the purple peacock as a spalding.
That is a photo of a wild Imperator peacock in Thailand. If you want to check out more wild green peafowl photos from that same photographer, named Christoph Keller, you can see 4 different albums devoted to green peafowl here: http://thailand-naturfotos.de.tl/Nature-Photos-of-Thailand.htm They are in the fourth row. These photos give you a really good idea of what pure green peafowl look like, but since these are Imperators they are more golden colored than say Javas.

What I think Dany meant is not all spalding peafowl are medal worthy, but the purple spalding from Texaspeafowl is medal worthy.
smile.png

Last edited:
Fennic Foxes are native to Kuwait? I love fennic foxes! Are the wild dogs African Wild dogs? I love those too.
Yes, Fennec Foxes are many here, its one of few native animals here, there are many dens for them on our farm, the wild dogs isn't really wild dogs, these were normals dogs raised by people long time ago, but since 30 or 40 years these dogs used to live on their own in the desert or farms areas, their features almost changed a bit, and will not come close people and they also give births in dens like wild animals.

I would say there is not much difference between the purple peacock and the European violete peacock.
The problem is not there!
I think that in the US there are peacocks purple line who are NOT at all purple.
Why purple peacocks black shoulder have hardly never really purple hues?

Those birds are the same color ?

Last edited:
I would say there is not much difference between the purple peacock and the European violete peacock.
The problem is not there!
I think that in the US there are peacocks purple line who are NOT at all purple.
Why purple peacocks black shoulder have hardly never really purple hues?

Those birds are the same color ?

Because the first one seems that his photo taken on a cloudy day, and second one on a sunny day, purple peacock will almost look like india blue when he stays under the shade.

Btw second picture has a little touch in Photoshop.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom