Virginia

Welcome to
welcome-byc.gif
.Iam from gordonsville.just ahop skip away.
Hey I live there also :)

We got 6 new babies today @ our TSC swap - I'm SOOO in love! 2 white silkies, 2 cochins, 2 dominiques. I'm so excited to watch them grow. The silkies are older than the other 4, and they are so sweet with them - I had always been told they were great mamas, but seeing them loving the babies is really neat!

My family has dubbed me "Chicken Lady", everybody thinks I'm nuts - but they'll thank me when I start selling eggs to them
clap.gif

welcome-byc.gif
I didn't know Orange would let you have chickens in town :) Cool !
Oh, wow! You're in Orange too. How cool! Yes, we can have them in town here. I called and spoke to several people at the town offices just to make sure. Only things you can't have in town here are swine and bees. Also, you can't park your horse on the road. I was told by a real estate agent that Orange is one of the few towns that you can have chickens within town limits. I aim to keep my barn and run beautiful and spotless as not to ruin it. There's no limit on how many you can have either. So long as the living conditions are adequate and clean. I have a 16x14 foot barn with a 10x8 run built on the back. They can free range about an acre as well. The neighbors love it and they always give the chickens their food scraps, mostly vegetables and cereals.

Back
Top Bottom