Virginia

I think that tomorrow morning I shall close one Blue Pekin in her sleeping quarters - just for 30 minutes so that he gets a little peace with the other.
At present my Romeo is in with Juliet (2 black pekins - show quality) - I bought them in January.
He goes bonkers trying to 'do the busines' with Juliet and it has come to the stage that she does not want to come out of their sleeping quarters because she knows that the 'chase awaits'.
wee.gif

My 4 year old Australorp has 9 girls. He dances for them, and if they don't squat, he just moves on.

Ah, youth!
smack.gif

Welcome Scotty Chic! Hope he gets the hang of it soon.
For those of you a little closer, the swap in Windsor is tomorrow from 8 to 2 at Farmers Feed and Seed(indoors) and Windsor Hardware has their first "Chick Day" tomorrow as well. Not sure what breeds they'll have but Bob McDonald handles it for them and they always have a nice variety.

Currently, I am setting and hatching out cream legbars like crazy! I have 30+ in some stage of incubation in three waves. Also doing some Swedish flower hens and some projects. Will be doing ameraucanas once I get my pens setup.

Any chance that you'll be willing to sell a couple of those chicks?? I'd be willing to drive to get them!

Still looking for some hatching eggs from the following 2 breeds: Speckled Sussex and Silver Laced Wyandottes. I'm joining the Easter Hatch-A-Long and would like to add some of these eggs to my hatch! If anyone is located near me and has either of these breeds of fertile eggs, please let me know!!!

Also, thought I'd just throw this out there in the hopes that someone wants him...

Out of the chicks I hatched out New Year's Day (from my own flock), I ended up with 2 cockerels. Keeping one, but need to find a home for the other. He is 8 weeks old.

He's got an almost perfect comb! He is either pure Barred Rock or Barred Rock/Commercial Black (which is hatchery Barred Rock cross).

Asking $5, or will trade for a few hatching eggs, any breed chicken.

I'm in central VA...far northwestern corner of Goochland County.

Currently, I am setting and hatching out cream legbars like crazy!  I have 30+ in some stage of incubation in three waves.  Also doing some Swedish flower hens and some projects.  Will be doing ameraucanas once I get my pens setup.
Hapless: I am still interested in getting your cream legbar and amerucana chicks/pullets. I thought about waiting until one if my birds goes broody and getting hatching eggs and let the hen hatch and raise the chicks. I want to add color to my egg basket and add new breeds. I live near you..

Beautiful weather today in our area. had a chance to work on our new coop. looking forward to getting the new coop finished.

Back
Top Bottom