Virginia

How's this for 'self control' at Gilmanor:
Sending someone else - with 1 empty carrier and no money - to pick up chicks I've already paid for. HA!!! Take THAT Chicken Math!!!

.... of course, the REASON someone else is picking up the chicks is because I impulsivly bought a cow last week and have to get fences up NOW!!!!!!

Last edited:
Are we related?!? But just think how many chicks/ chickens/ hatching eggs or supplies could be had for the cost/care of the cow. That's how I talk myself out of large livestock
1f601.png
(It didn't work when we started into hogs!)

How's this for 'self control' at Gilmanor:
Sending someone else - with 1 empty carrier and no money - to pick up chicks I've already paid for. HA!!! Take THAT Chicken Math!!!

.... of course, the REASON someone else is picking up the chicks is because I impulsivly bought a cow last week and have to get fences up NOW!!!!!!

Good plan! At least you're in good company.

I just made a rule that I am not to bring another bird here unless it's a Bielefelder, Cubalaya, Muscovy, or intended as food.

So what are you picking up?

Last edited:
To answer everyone's questions. The covering of the head is that certain pose for that breed, Mini Rex. BTW, she has some nice Mini Rex's. Does she have a website name? Or facebook page?

Va Raptor - Sometime Sat. my friend will arrive with a few blue Jersey Giants, some Exchecher Leghorns (sp??), a few sussex and a couple of something that I honestly can't remember... LOL!!!
I'm staying home to finish putting up fences because a couple of days later the cow arrives.

Va Raptor - Sometime Sat. my friend will arrive with a few blue Jersey Giants, some Exchecher Leghorns (sp??), a few sussex and a couple of something that I honestly can't remember... LOL!!!
I'm staying home to finish putting up fences because a couple of days later the cow arrives.
I think you said you wanted an assortment out of what came in, so that would be the bjg, ex leghorns, then an assortment of the barred Holland, white orp, iowa blue and red Sussex.

Back
Top Bottom