Virulent Newcastle Disease or VND, Lots of Anguish, Little Solutions Offered

According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, the largest sources of U.S. GHG emissions in 2016 were electricity production (28 percent of total emissions), transportation (28 percent) and industry (22 percent). All of agriculture accounted for a total of 9 percent. All of animal agriculture contributes less than half of this amount, representing 3.9 percent of total U.S. greenhouse gas emissions.

According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, the largest sources of U.S. GHG emissions in 2016 were electricity production (28 percent of total emissions), transportation (28 percent) and industry (22 percent). All of agriculture accounted for a total of 9 percent. All of animal agriculture contributes less than half of this amount, representing 3.9 percent of total U.S. greenhouse gas emissions.
Please let it also be noted that the majority of the "transportation" is factory distributions and not your commute. Think about it this way...next time you are on a highway...count the semis. Bonus points if you count the trains.

I guess the point im trying to make here is that factories create jobs. They also emit harmful greenhouse gases. They emit some 500 billion tons of greenhouse gases...per year. And thats just in the USA. Where things are "regulated". The "regulation" means that you must tell on yourself. You get a slap on the wrist for this. If you don't tell on yourself you get fined. But where the government cares is that factories create jobs. Jobs give people money so they can pay taxes. Taxes pay their paychecks. Farmers do not create as much revenue for the government as factories do. And why help the small farmer at all? Why not import it all?

The point is it is very easy to manipulate the general population into believing a lie based on no facts whatsoever by presenting them to us in things disguised as news. You need to get facts from multiple sources to be certain and a lot of the news networks are funded by corporations that will only serve their own interests.

I have no problem with industry. I do have a problem with them imposing their own agenda on people that are just trying to eek out a living. I would like for the factories and industries to be more mindful instead of trying to convince the world that it is OUR fault as a general populace. It is not. And they know it.

End rant.

On the macro-level, factory farms feed people most cheaply, and overseas, cheaper yet.

I'll give an example you're probably not thinking of. Benin. Most chickens are spent hens from France, putting pressure on the native poultry industry--feed growers too.

The spent hens are being eaten, not wasted. The fashion in most of west Africa is '90s-'00s garb, again which would be thrown away. It makes Westerners happy, but it is making Africans dependent literally on our garbage.

Back
Top Bottom