Voice Sexing your Mallard-derivative duck.

I saw another post today trying to figure out if their duck was a drake. This is a frequent question and when I first started from the descriptions, I was sure my Pekin was a drake because she never quacked and she had a scratchy voice. Ducks make many different sounds, but drakes only make one (plus they whistle - but by that time, they will already have a drake feather so you should already know the sex.) I decided to do something about it. I enlisted the help of Tevye and Kaine, my two drakes to make all the noises they could. I gave them a bath, then let them preen separate from the flock. Then I went out and visited the flock. They were kind of on edge because their men had disappeared, so they started out with some alert quacks then they saw they were just getting some treats so they settled down to various other vocalizations. You will hear some scratchy sounds coming from the girls, but they sound nothing like the sounds the drakes make. Tevye and Kaine getting a bath: Tevye and Kaine preening afterward: The girls and their many vocalizations: OK, maybe this was just an excuse to post some more videos, but maybe it will help someone sex their ducks.
So cute! I have been wanting to post videos before on BYC but could never figure out how. Do you have to do it through Youtube?

Yes, then select the video button on byc and put the youtube address in the blank. I dont think it works from the mobile site.

Yes, then select the video button on byc and put the youtube address in the blank. I dont think it works from the mobile site.

Thanks. That makes sense. I don't get why certain features are disabled from the mobile site but that's really all I use to get on here. And I was hoping there was another way to post videos since I don't have a YouTube account. Good to know though. :)

Back
Top Bottom