Vote! When did your Easter Egger first lay?

When did your Easter Eggers begin laying?

• Earlier than 18 weeks

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • 18-20 weeks

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • 21-23 weeks

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • 24-26 weeks

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • 27-29 weeks

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • 30-32 weeks

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • 33-35 weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Later than 35 weeks (please elaborate!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Indigosands

Songster
11 Years
Apr 9, 2012
Yucca Valley, CA
I'm waiting on some EE's to lay. I've read a lot of conflicting personal accounts of when they lay so I'm hoping a poll will reveal a smaller age range to work from. :) Please, for the sake of keeping things accurate vote only if yours is a "mutt" (easter egger) not an Ameraucana or Araucana.

My first one waited quite a while, but once she started she laid 6 eggs a week without fail. I was stunned when she went through her first molt and continued laying. I lost her earlier this spring. I have another that started laying earlier, right around 26 weeks. She lays very sporadically. Her egg production has increased twice. She has gone broody with both increases.

I have 3 EEs, and one has started laying before my golden comets. She was just a few days under 18 weeks. All of the the new girls that I am discussing here will be 20 weeks old on the 27th. I have had 2 darker brown eggs in the nest box. I haven't been able to stalk the coop and watch yet, so I don't know if it is my hatchery quality welsummer laying it, or one of my golden comets, and it will lighten over time.
hu.gif

Last edited:
RFLOL, figures the highest numbers are at the opposite ends of the spectrum! My girls will be 20wks tomorrow. Combs and faces are growing and pinking up nicely but no squatting yet and that's preceded my other girl's laying by 2 or 3 wks so I'm going to guess that mine are already looking like 24 wks or later. I'm so anxious to find out what color their eggs will be! One of them hatched from a very pale blue egg, the other I'm not sure.

Just got my first mint green egg at 18 weeks 5 days! Don't think I ever had anything but sex links lay this early. Thought a couple of my Welsummers with large combs & wattles would be first. This was a great surprise!

Wow, what luck Cindy! Well we have a development. I found Tilly, one of my EE hens sitting in the next box expectantly today and when I went to check in on her later I bent down to pet her and she did the egg squat!
celebrate.gif
If I compare that to my other girls, it looks like we're going to have our first blue egg some time in the next 10 days; which will fall around 22 weeks old.

my EE is 25 weeks and has still not laid her first egg but both of my Red Sex-Links started at 16 weeks and some of my Rhode Island Reds started at 20 weeks and now all of them are laying...even my old english game bantams and Japanese bantam are laying...
he.gif
I CANT WAIT ANY LONGER FOR A BLUE/GREEN EGG...but I guess I will have to...it will be worth the wait when I do get the first colored egg though...it actually if kind of fun not know when it will happen...OH THE SUSPENSE!!! lol

Back
Top Bottom