W Montg Co PA Jap Bantams 6 pullets $5 each, 4 cockerels free.

The Brick Coop

Songster
13 Years
Feb 6, 2010
1 or 2 started laying 20SEP2019. pick up only. Beautiful culls from a show flock, bit too much white in primaries. Live in rabbit hutch. Will switch to layer feed next week. Not handled much but easy to tame. Males should be brought into your garage or basement during freezing nights or will suffer painful frostbite on their pointy combs. For these nightly trips a birdcage with food and water is great, use a black towel to cover at night and they will delay crowing in your house a little longer in the am. Females can be taught to fly to your shoulder for scrambled egg bits or broken Cheerios. The eggs are pee-wee size (bigger than quail or serama) and look gorgeous when boiled, beet-pickled and sliced into your salad.

If I lived closer,,,,, I would consider one of the hens to add to my pet flock. I had Japanese Bantam some time ago.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:

More available of the same bantams! Hatched May-Aug 2019. Also couple JGiant standard size cockerels but one with crooked toes! and 2 RIR exhibition dark cockerels as pairs only with their RIR pullets, just starting to lay, "pure" South County Museum lines.

Back
Top Bottom