Waiter, theres a fly in my soup...

BeachFlock

In the Brooder
Jan 15, 2018
Hawaii
I like to add garlic powder to my chickens’s feed. Last week, I purchased a new container, and as i was emptying the old garlic powder to top off the new, a mummified fly fell out. So, doing what any normal person might, I checked the rest of my McCormick spices for flies. Ive been purchasing this brand for 20yrs and never saw a fly, but it was a “just in case” type of thing. I dont always cook my spices, sometimes I have a bag of McDonalds fries and I will add garlic powder to it for instant cheap garlic fries. I emailed the company and it was a heads up, this container was used to season my chicken’s feed, if someone else found it, it could have been worse, could you please check production. No biggie.

Today, I got this email:
=====================
Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We are sorry for your disappointing experience with our Garlic Powder and hope you will accept our apologies.

We exercise every care in the production and packaging of our products in order to bring you the highest quality possible. Our ingredients are cleaned and processed using state of the art methods, and we are trying to understand how this might happen. We appreciate your assistance answering the following questions to assist our Quality Assurance department in their investigation.

• When was this product purchased?
• What is the name of the store where this item was purchased?
• Where is the store located (city and state)?
• When was this item initially opened and where is it stored?

======================

Im tryin really hard to not be offended by that last question. Yes lady, I store the garlic powder open, next to my chicken coop where all the poop is and dont know where this mummified fly at the bottom of your garlic container came from.

The initial email I submitted, already answered those questions. So perhaps they dont care and they cant read? Lol.

McCormick cares that there are dead flies in your human grade garlic powder.

~ BeachFlock
Life and adventures of 1 roo and his 4 ladies.

Attachments

• D3E01C31-2B3F-420C-9F23-FDDC7C75747A.png
    D3E01C31-2B3F-420C-9F23-FDDC7C75747A.png
    870.7 KB · Views: 18
I suppose it wasnt. I just felt a little off about it, and honestly what kind of answer is she expectin? I keep it in the bathroom? :lol: Dont most people keep it in the kitchen?However, it was a little disturbing to see a full grown mummy fly. I considered giving it to one of my hens but it just fell apart when I picked it up.

I suppose it wasnt. I just felt a little off about it, and honestly what kind of answer is she expectin? I keep it in the bathroom? :lol: Dont most people keep it in the kitchen?However, it was a little disturbing to see a full grown mummy fly. I considered giving it to one of my hens but it just fell apart when I picked it up.
:confused: You never know, some people are really dumb.

That's rather disgusting. :sick Hopefully they find out how exactly it got in there.

Back
Top Bottom