Wanna know why naps are a bad thing?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gritsar, Oct 27, 2008.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I took a late nap, after convincing my chickens that they really did want to go in their coop early.
    I realized yet again why late naps are a bad thing.
    Here's why:
    I dreamed I was on the phone discussing the pros and cons of toilet paper brands with a fellow BYC member (name withheld to protect her innocence) while both my father and (deceased) mother stood next to me yelling in my ears that I needed to get rid of my chickens so that my niece, a grown woman with five kids, could have my coop to keep her hamsters in. While trying to ignore their yelling I looked over at my couch to see a strange man sitting there with my favorite chook on his lap and he was feeing her popcorn. [​IMG]
    For once I'm glad that our border collie barks alot because his barking woke me up before it could get any weirder.
    I'm gonna go drink a cup of coffee and try to wake up. I'll be back.

2. nerfy

nerfy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    Western Illinois
    Have had a few crazy dreams like that. You wake up and wonder...what the heck???? [​IMG]

3. bubbazmommy

bubbazmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2008
    Albany, ME
    I have vivid dreams much like this all the time. [​IMG]

4. BayCityBabe

BayCityBabe Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    I had a dream last night that one of my chickens looked really, really weird. Her eyes were round & strange - centered on the front of her face. Her ears were LONG! In my dream, after I stared & stared I realized...
    that...
    she...
    was...
    a...
    DOG!

No more goat cheese before bed.

5. ivan3

ivan3 spurredon Premium Member

Jan 27, 2007
    BOCOMO
    Hmmm, might want to skip the Adlerians and Freudians and go straight to a Jungian analyst for this one [​IMG]

As I get older the gumption drains about that time of day (kinda like presbyopia of motivation). If I know it's hopeless I'll make notes on a 3"x5" card so I'll remember what I was doing before nodding. Never dream much, but if I've got the NASA channel running and they're broadcasting primarily in Russian I'll start seeing the dialogue running by me in hexadecimal and, often, the last thing I remember is that I'll figure it all out later when I perform a core dump on the code...

One thing that helps is my avoiding this state altogether by use of chemicals. Coffee doesn't hack it (even with a heaping spoon of folgers instant in a cup of already brewed). Fast Lane Tea does the job for late afternoon low and logy (won't leave your palms sweating like coffee, but is highly effective and still available online).

http://www.celestialseasonings.com/products/detail.html/black-teas/fast-lane

Thanx for the `unguided' imagery!

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I once had a dream I was running from the devil and wound up in a store that sells all those crafty kinds of things, wreaths, candles, boxes, cups, etc., and I saw a washing machine and thought "Oh, I need a washer" and I opened it and it was full of all my overdue library books from my teen years....

Therapy.....

7. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    [​IMG] I think I dream more vividly during "naps" than at night!
    We still tease my son about the time he had a dream, a witch that had "frog" hands was coming to get him. I never could figure out where that came from.[​IMG]

8. Their Other Mother

Their Other Mother Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    Arizona
    Do you think dreams have real hidden meaning or are just abstract thoughts?

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I think sometimes it's a message, and sometimes it is a discombulation of the days stresses.

10. buckeye lady

buckeye lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2008
    Rootstown Ohio
    Any one else have this recurrent dream where your back in high school and you can't remember your locker combination or your class schedule and you can't go to the office for help because they'll think your on drugs?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by