Wanna See My Crabapple Trees?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by MissPrissy, Apr 10, 2008.

1. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Come over to the Easy Garden.

here's a sneak peek -

[​IMG]

2. Parson's Wife

Parson's Wife Blessed Abundantly

Jan 22, 2008
    Arkansas
    [​IMG] oh, you have soil that will GROW things.....

That is truly lovely! A spectacular sight!

3. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    They are beautiful my sister just moved to va and she was telling me about the beautiful blossoms I love virginia my favorite place to go

4. tnkinhunting

tnkinhunting Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2008
    East Tennessee
    Mine is getting ready to bloom now - it's only been planted two years but it's a deep pinkish/red. I think they are beautiful. Your's is at the gorgeous stage - how old is it - mine is just a sapling compared to that tree! lol

5. MissPrissy

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Thank you. It is one of my kids favorite places to sit on a warm summer evening. The sound of the frogs and the water fall is peaceful.

6. MissPrissy

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    The lady whose father built this house told me they are almost the age of the house, planted when she was a teen (She died at the age of 103 yrs old. She was 102 yrs when I met her.). The house is 99 years old. So they are very old.

7. MRNpoultry

MRNpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    My great grandpa had a real big crabapple tree. Our apple trees just started to bloom.

8. MRNpoultry

MRNpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    Quote:Thats really old. When my great grandpa (As you can probaly tell I really liked my great grandpa) got married they planted two pin oak trees, now the people from the county came and took pictures because they are the biggest trees in the county or some of the biggest. When my grandparents moved up here from pensacola fl, they planted two so it turned into a tradation.

9. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    stunning Miss P. Mine is about to bloom, buds all over it and it is suppose to get down into the mid twenties this Sat. night [​IMG] [​IMG] We lost everything last spring due to late hard freeze [​IMG] I am praying that it doesn't get that low or if it does it only last an hour or two

10. airmom1c05

airmom1c05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2008
    Raymond, Mississippi
    Breathtakingly beautiful, MissPrissy! I would love to sit on that bench with you and a couple of lap chickens with a basket of chicken treats and a camera! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by