Want to get on list for 2015 peacock eggs

poobabysdaddy

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 28, 2014
i want to get eggs from few diff people and bloodlines........i am also interested in breeding aged peacocks.......let me know what you have....i am located in south central pa

I hate to be a buzz kill, but be very careful buying at auction as you have no idea what diseases you might be bringing home with you, even if the bird looks 100% healthy.

-Kathy

Sorry but you can not bleach a bird so i ain't going
lau.gif
LOL to many things that a bird can carry and seem just fine , i will remain a chicken
D.gif

The quarantine pen was for the bird, the bleach was for the shoes silly!
lau.gif
I am picking up a new hen today, she will be penned by herself for at least 4 weeks, during which time she will be wormed twice, have the preventative dose of corid in her water, and close observation of her and her poop.

In all seriousness, we have cocci and capillaria in our ground here, Kathy has Blackhead in her soil, KKB has cocci and round worms in his, we all have something... as do probably all Peafowl breeders. The key is learning to treat what may show up, I doubt you are any more likely to pick up a bird with one of these diseases from an auction than you are from a reputable breeder as we cannot cleanse our soil of these things, we can only treat the birds and keep them alive long enough to develop a resistance. I know your flock is very young, but eventually you will need to bring in some new blood, so you will need to risk it sooner or later.

@KsKingBee yup, PA. @poobabysdaddy would it make sense for us to go in on an order together? I don't know what town you live in, but maybe I could pick them up and meet you somewhere. @snowshoe ?

Aunt Flo, @snowshoe is going to be closest to you, but we are about 45 mins southwest of Harrisburg. Just in case we would have anything you want that he doesn't have available. @poopbabysdaddy is pretty close to us. Welcome to BYC's Pea section!

Aunt Flo I am also about thirty minutes from State College, in Snow Shoe, PA I will be selling eggs and peachicks in the spring, I have a man that is suppose to be picking up the last three chicks an opal a bronze and purple all hens that I have for sale this year today.

i want to get eggs from few diff people and bloodlines........i am also interested in breeding aged peacocks.......let me know what you have....i am located in south central pa

There is a member on here named @snowshoe , lives in Snowshoe Pa, I have had excellent results with shipped eggs from him, this past summer he shipped me 5 eggs from his Bronze pen and 4 hatched and are doing well.

Back
Top Bottom