Want your chicken to model boredom busters!

My family and I put a chicken pinata of sorts into out coop. It's basically a t shaped plastic thing on a rope of twine, horizontal part down. we put fruit like strawberries and stuff on it and they peck away. I will try to find a pic.

Sure! I think I can use it!
IMG-1853 (1).jpg

Unfortunately I never took pics when I put that haybale in their run. The hay took over. There was no run-only hay.

I wil use this too! Thanks for all the pics! @MGG @Fuchsia @chickenlittle21 any pictures you amy want to share?
I have 2 pics atm you might be able to use. I think this is a great idea! My birds love chairs so I second those (It's a bit blurry because I had to zoom in to take it, I didn't want to scare them off.
20200829_193410.jpg

And fodder! I grow it all winter for the birds. I only have a pic on my new phone of the quail eating it, but it might still work, Idk. Here it is anyway.
20201105_104756~2.jpg

Also, in the summer I fill a deep pan with water, and then pour in corn. Just enough to cover the bottom is all you need, but sometimes I add a little more. Then put it in the freezer for a few hours or overnight. Then dump it out in the run (I dump it in a sled and then put it in the run so it doesn't get yucky, and then they can drink the water when it melts) and watch them enjoy. They love it.

Back
Top Bottom