Want your chicken to model boredom busters!

I can take a picture of my cockerel swinging tomorrow for your article! As long as your fine with a watermark on the picture. He loves swinging and I did not teach him.

I see you don’t have a picture of a jungle gym yet. So here’s mine! 😃
3D2FC94F-225C-4375-8902-67DD3B005692.jpeg

Another thing I do to keep them occupied is I trim some branches from my shrubs and tie them to the jungle gym. My chickens don’t free range, so they don’t have access to greenery unless I give them some. They love climbing up on the jungle gym to get to the branches from different angles. This only works during the warm season, but hey, chickens can get bored in the summer, too, so this still counts 😁
633EAF54-EF01-4A47-8CF9-11B0D18945DA.jpeg

Another favorite - a combination of leaf litter and scratch grains. I collect and save bagged leaves and occasionally dump a big pile in the run, then throw some scratch into the pile. It disappears into the fluff, and the chickens spend the rest of the day raking through the leaves trying to find every last grain!
08499541-8AD8-446F-9EF2-C92B2E4F05AE.jpeg

Another one that only works in the summer, but is great for chickens that don’t free range and might get bored - big piles of mowed grass! They eat it, climb it, and scratch through it:
8253BC65-3C58-4B97-9138-163FA94649E4.jpeg

I see you don’t have a picture of a jungle gym yet. So here’s mine! 😃
View attachment 2410736

Another thing I do to keep them occupied is I trim some branches from my shrubs and tie them to the jungle gym. My chickens don’t free range, so they don’t have access to greenery unless I give them some. They love climbing up on the jungle gym to get to the branches from different angles. This only works during the warm season, but hey, chickens can get bored in the summer, too, so this still counts 😁
View attachment 2410750

Another favorite - a combination of leaf litter and scratch grains. I collect and save bagged leaves and occasionally dump a big pile in the run, then throw some scratch into the pile. It disappears into the fluff, and the chickens spend the rest of the day raking through the leaves trying to find every last grain!
View attachment 2410758

Another one that only works in the summer, but is great for chickens that don’t free range and might get bored - big piles of mowed grass! They eat it, climb it, and scratch through it:
View attachment 2410759
I added your jungle jim pic to the article! I have a picture of leaves, and grass clippings already, but your jungle jim pic was a great addition to the article! Thank you!

Here’s a photo for the “plants in the run” category. My chickens LOVE this forsythia bush! They’ve eaten all the leaves they can reach, and now use it to hang out under or walk through, squeezing themselves between the low branches and pretending like they’re in the woods 😄 (they never leave the run, so the bush really helps with the woodsy feel and provides them with enrichment)
260962FE-E5B0-4720-A45D-49FF65A8F773.jpeg

Also, it just makes the run look nice!
1EBC3C71-799A-481D-88BA-2AB9E95717A2.jpeg

Here’s a photo for the “plants in the run” category. My chickens LOVE this forsythia bush! They’ve eaten all the leaves they can reach, and now use it to hang out under or walk through, squeezing themselves between the low branches and pretending like they’re in the woods 😄 (they never leave the run, so the bush really helps with the woodsy feel and provides them with enrichment)
View attachment 2410770

Also, it just makes the run look nice!
View attachment 2410771
Awesome! I will add these too! Perfect!

Back
Top Bottom