1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wanted: Ayam Cemani Hatching Eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by thereverend, Aug 27, 2013.

1. thereverend

thereverend Out Of The Brooder

May 15, 2010
    I am looking for a few Ayam Cemani eggs that i can hatch.

If you have any please let me know. I am willing to buy them from you if you guarentee they will in fact hatch
    Bought some from another guy somewhere else and none hatched..

1 person likes this.
  2. bowen012

bowen012 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2013
    North Carolina
    I would be surprised if anyone would ever offer a guarantee of a hatch. In the best of times, it can be volatile. Add in shipping and an incubation outside of their control and that's a lot to ask.

3. Eggsalad

Eggsalad Chillin' With My Peeps

You'll have a very hard time finding these by anyone in the US as import direct is not legal. Greenfire evidently got around and will be selling next year I think.
    Gorgeous birds.

4. adiekaty

adiekaty Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2013
    Banner, Wyoming
    I think this breed is the coolest! private message me, if u find someone who is selling eggs!!

5. Oldhound

Oldhound Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2011
    South Carolina
    12 Ayam Cemani eggs sold by auction the other day on a FB page for $ 2,200 . Just saying they are selling for premium prices at the moment.

6. Eggsalad

Eggsalad Chillin' With My Peeps

Yeah, they're on eb too, just have to be imported here from a different country than of origin. Taking huge chances there, no way!!!! As I said GFF is advertising now for next year, a pair at 4999 reserved I think.

7. dutchbunny83

dutchbunny83 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2012
    Fayetteville, NC
    I want Ayam Cemani eggs BAD and have for awhile.
    You will never get anyone to guarantee a hatch.
    Something could go haywire with your incubator, xray machines in the postal system, you name it.

But if you want them be prepared to PAY!!!
    A hatched pair of young chicks (1 pullet & 1 cockeral) goes for about $5,000
    Hatching eggs on ebay will run you between $1,000- $2,500 depending on how high people want to go.

In Europe and obviously Indonesia they are super cheap, but since they are so new to the US and so little people have them, the price is crazy right now!

8. TaylorHobbyFarms

TaylorHobbyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    It looks like you can order them directly from Indonesia. They show shipping charges of $190.50 to U.S. for one dozen eggs and show transit time as 3 days. Am I missing something or has anyone tried ordering from this site before?

edited by staff to remove link

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2014
  9. dutchbunny83

dutchbunny83 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2012
    Fayetteville, NC
    That seems like a scam, I doubt you could get any to hatch from air transit from Indonesia.

10. Cemani Farm

Cemani Farm Out Of The Brooder

Jan 11, 2013
    Nest Box

sorry,... we not a scammers,..

i think a many people and poultry breeds and also members of BYC know my credibility,...

Best Regards,....

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2014
    1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by