Wanted, Barred Rock Rooster

farmerRyan

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 3, 2012
Central Maine
We are looking for a young barred rock rooster.
We have 2 three month old hens and want to incubate some barred rock eggs.
We also have 3 sexlinks that will be with the rooster.
We live in Oakland Maine and would prefer not having to travel very far.
We will travel a little depending on your location.
We do not want a shipped rooster!
Rooster must be friendly and show quality.
Preferably not a bantam.

:cd
Thanks,

-Ethan (brother of farmerRyan)

Last edited:
Hi Ethan,

I have a Barred Rock roo that is about the same age as your 2, 3 month old hens. Not sure he is of show quality but he is a beautiful roo. I live in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. That would more than likely be a long drive for you from Maine but you can have this roo for free if you want him. I have another older Barred Rock roo in with my 12 Red Sexlink hens. He is twice the size of the roo I am offering you.

You do know that mixing a Barred Rock roo with sexlink hens breaks the sexlink gene, don't you? My Red sexlink hens are producing eggs that are huge. Some are light brown but most of the eggs are a dark brown. I have been hatching these eggs in my incubators. I am getting chicks that are black and white, (have the Barred Rock coloring as they age), and white chicks with small black spots on their feathers. Some are pure white.

If you PM me with your email address I will send you pix of these chicks, (and the roo I'm offering you), My email is: [email protected] .

Good luck with your birds and enjoy this site. Lots and lots of knowledgable folks on here that are willing to answer any questions you may have.

Tim

Back
Top Bottom