Wanted: Celadon Egg PICTURES

View attachment 2626111
heres another view of the ones I posted in hatch along! When it’s not 11pm I can text the guy I got them from to ask where he got his :)

The color is very distinctly blue, more like a songbird egg. My EEs never had blues quite as saturated and pretty as these. The kids got a huge kick out of them.
Sex And The City Reaction GIF

Think I have 6 celadon layers, pretty sure I lost one over the winter. Eggs were from eBay, guy located in nj.

Just hatched some last week. Maybe 6. They’re mixed in with other birds, so I don’t know who is who.

Another pardon the bird poop request. Birds are ground kept.
6CDFBAF7-EA48-4FEE-BBD6-06F49678E980.jpeg

Help me understand... I thought Celadon eggs were blue as a Robin's eggs? Please explain what the determining factor is for a Celedon egg.
“Celadon egg” is any egg laid by a hen possessing two copies of the recessive ce gene. They are typically pale to medium blue with smaller and fewer black speckles than a normal quail egg. However, some celadon eggs are low pigmented, some have more dark spots, some are very blue. There is a fair bit of variation just like in normal quail eggs.

“Celadon egg” is any egg laid by a hen possessing two copies of the recessive ce gene. They are typically pale to medium blue with smaller and fewer black speckles than a normal quail egg. However, some celadon eggs are low pigmented, some have more dark spots, some are very blue. There is a fair bit of variation just like in normal quail eggs.
So how does one recognize a Celadon egg if it isn't very blue? I ask because I was given a batch of 30 eggs to hatch out by a friend. Among those eggs are a half dozen or so that have no spots. One is pale brown like a brown chicken's egg and the others are more of a cream color... not blue but kinda green tinted... a very pale green though. Any chance they are celedon?

So how does one recognize a Celadon egg if it isn't very blue? I ask because I was given a batch of 30 eggs to hatch out by a friend. Among those eggs are a half dozen or so that have no spots. One is pale brown like a brown chicken's egg and the others are more of a cream color... not blue but kinda green tinted... a very pale green though. Any chance they are celedon?
Pale brown is normal, just an unusual egg. If the greenish ones have tiny spots or no brown patches, they are celadon.

Back
Top Bottom