Wanted cheap used but working incubator

menkot

Songster
15 Years
Jun 1, 2007
It can be ugly, beat up, homemade as long as it works (and works pretty well). I am looking for one to use with my kids. I looked at the instructions to make one and I am really not that talented. We need to get a few more chickens, but I would really rather show them the whole process rather than just buying chicks. It needs to work pretty well because I don't want traumatized kids.
wink.png

It does need to be cheap (sorry) because I can't spend a lot on something to use just once a year.
sad.png

An automatic turner would be nice
big_smile.png
but that is just a dream LOL

Just something basic and working will be fine.
smile.png

I have a Little Giant I would be willing to sell for 20.00 +shipping. I have two and the fan I installed stop working (works sometimes.) I was going to remove it, but havent gotten around to it yet. I've just been using the other one. If you give me your location I can figure out shipping, just PM me.

Would the fan only partially working cause any problems? Gotta go back to that traumatized kid part.
wink.png
Oh, and is it pretty idiot proof ? I happen to know the woman who would be in charge(me) and she can really mess things up sometimes.
big_smile.png
Would it come with a teeny bit of instruction aka hand holding aka I don't know nothing bout birthing no chickens?
smile.png

I dont know about the fan. I dont run it because Im parinoid. You could always by one at eggcartons.com has them. I could remove it before I send it. This incubator has only been used twice, so it is still in good condition. Without the fan you could use it as a still air which I did when I first bought it for 45.00.

K... just let me know the total. just leave the fan in it. I will get the dh to work on it. He is a little better with things like that.
Thanks,
Sarah

Done!
Thank you very much.
smile.png
My kids will be so excited.
smile.png

Do yourself a favor and read a LOT of the bator posts here.

You are asking for a cheap, working, easy, & idiot proof bator. These
are usually mutually exclusive items.

I have 3 Little Giants and "Idiot proof" is not something I would call them,
or almost any bator.

The only "set it & forget it bator" is the RCom 20 and the basic model is $400.

21 days of turning eggs and waiting for a hatch can be a real bummer when
you end up with no chicks.

Just friendly advice. Best of luck.

I have been reading here for awhile.
smile.png
I will read, read, read and read some more when it comes in before ever putting eggs in it. I read a whole lot more than I post. In fact, it is possible that I might have a small addiction. I am here a lot lol.

And hey it never hurts to ask for a cadillac when you can only afford a pinto.
lol.png

Thanks for the advice. I will be careful and do my very best.

Quote:
Good response. We're all here to help!!! Watch the addiction. We don't have
3 loaded Little Giants and 1 Brinsea on the way if we weren't already hooked ourselves.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom