WANTED: Information about building and hosting a website.

Illinois_ Kelly

Songster
12 Years
Sep 13, 2007
Marion, Illinois
Someone previously posted a special, for BYC members, who are interested in starting their own website. Due to a horrible firestorm trojan nailing my computer I've lost all the information. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, please PM or e-mail me. The man who was doing this was so kind and even offered hosting for for a very affordable price.

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas,
Happy New Year!

Kelly

I'm not the one that made the offer but if you don't find him please let me put my name in the hat. I build websites for anyone, another words I do it freelance. I'm very affordable! I started building them in order to help out while home with my daughter, not as a full-time job so I can do it cheaper than most. Here is a couple of sites I've done so you can check out my work... www.blountcountypark.com and www.co.blount.al.us

I use homestead. It has easy drag and drop templates.

Homestead.com

If you do sign up, use Volume904 as the referral. I've had them for years.

mcg30_40, thank you for the offer. I'm actually looking to make my own website. It'll be a great creative outlet and I can make it exactly as I want. If I change my mind, I'll be sure and let you know though.
big_smile.png

Volume904, I just checked out Homestead. I think it's just what I'm looking for! Is there a location that I can check what web names are available? If I decide to go this direction, I'll be sure to use the referral that you gave me. Thanks for your help!
smile.png

Kelly

fdnick, Thank you! I'll check that one out too. I'm in the research phase right now, so any advice or offerings is appreciated.

Have a safe and happy new year!
Kelly

Try pairNIC.com. They have web hosting for 5.95, 9.95, 19.95, and up, depending on how large a site you want to do. And 24/7 tech support.

I have my domain name registered with them ($19.95/year) and plan to build a site there.

Last edited:
alpinefarm & chickenzoo, Thank you! I've not settled on anything yet, so thank you for more information. I will check these out too. Hopefully I can find something within the next couple weeks and have it up and running by the end of January.

Thanks again!
Kelly

p.s. Please keep the information coming, everyone! I will take all the help I can get.

Back
Top Bottom