WANTED: Information about building and hosting a website.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Illinois_ Kelly, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Illinois_ Kelly

Illinois_ Kelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2007
    Marion, Illinois
    Someone previously posted a special, for BYC members, who are interested in starting their own website. Due to a horrible firestorm trojan nailing my computer I've lost all the information. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, please PM or e-mail me. The man who was doing this was so kind and even offered hosting for for a very affordable price.

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas,
    Happy New Year!

Kelly

2. mcg30_40

mcg30_40 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    alabama
    I'm not the one that made the offer but if you don't find him please let me put my name in the hat. I build websites for anyone, another words I do it freelance. I'm very affordable! I started building them in order to help out while home with my daughter, not as a full-time job so I can do it cheaper than most. Here is a couple of sites I've done so you can check out my work... www.blountcountypark.com and www.co.blount.al.us

3. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    I use homestead. It has easy drag and drop templates.

Homestead.com

If you do sign up, use Volume904 as the referral. I've had them for years.

4. Illinois_ Kelly

Sep 13, 2007
    Marion, Illinois
    mcg30_40, thank you for the offer. I'm actually looking to make my own website. It'll be a great creative outlet and I can make it exactly as I want. If I change my mind, I'll be sure and let you know though. [​IMG]

Volume904, I just checked out Homestead. I think it's just what I'm looking for! Is there a location that I can check what web names are available? If I decide to go this direction, I'll be sure to use the referral that you gave me. Thanks for your help! [​IMG]

Kelly

5. fdnick

fdnick Master Chicken Hoarder

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    I am not to computer literate and use www.siteskins.net I get 25 pages for $20 a month and its SO EASY [​IMG] (they also have 5 pages for $10)
    Denna

6. Illinois_ Kelly

Sep 13, 2007
    Marion, Illinois
    fdnick, Thank you! I'll check that one out too. I'm in the research phase right now, so any advice or offerings is appreciated.

Have a safe and happy new year!
    Kelly

7. alpinefarm

alpinefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2008
    Western Colorado
    Try pairNIC.com. They have web hosting for 5.95, 9.95, 19.95, and up, depending on how large a site you want to do. And 24/7 tech support.

I have my domain name registered with them ($19.95/year) and plan to build a site there.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2008
  8. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Their is synthasite.com too, very easy. You can buy a domain name and it auto updates it all.

9. Illinois_ Kelly

Sep 13, 2007
    Marion, Illinois
    alpinefarm & chickenzoo, Thank you! I've not settled on anything yet, so thank you for more information. I will check these out too. Hopefully I can find something within the next couple weeks and have it up and running by the end of January.

Thanks again!
    Kelly

p.s. Please keep the information coming, everyone! I will take all the help I can get.

10. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I use www.freewebs.com There's a free version (which I use), a version with no ads (approximately $2.00 a month), and the premium version (approxiately $10.00 a month) [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by