Wanted - Rare Breeds

smoknz28

Songster
Mar 7, 2012
Central Virginia, USA
We reside in the central Virginia area and I'd like to add more rare breeds to my existing flock, but I don't know where to turn for them.

I have considered mail order...but I have never used a service like that and I wouldn't even know what would be the best recommended site for this.

Help on this greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Mark

Thank you.
1f44d.png

What part of Cen VA are you in. I'm all so live in Cen VA. Try Amherst Milling, they have some rare chicks now.

I sent you a private message.
I bought hatching eggs from Boggy Bottom Bantams. I have a year of feed and care invested in them. One is a Silver(black and white) rooster with 2 hens and one is a Fly-Tie Phoenix Bantam rooster and 2 hens. I am down sizing. My hubby tells me I have roo many. I sent you a private message.
I can meet you half way.

Last edited:
Depends on what you're looking for. If you want show quality rare breeds, a hatchery is the last place I would turn to. If you just want layers, then a hatchery is fine. Some of them have prety nice birds but mostly not show worthy. There are many people on here that sell rare breeds or you could buy hatching eggs. Again, depends on what you're looking for. I have Brahmas which are considered a rare breed, although I think they are more common than some other breeds. I sell non standard colors though. Greenfire Farms sells many different kinds of rare breeds. I would first figure out what kind of rare breed chickens you want, then go from there. Good luck! PM if you have any questions. :)

Back
Top Bottom