Wanted: Thanksgiving Day Food PIctures 2021

Are you cooking this year?

• Total voters
Pics
Looks amazingggg!! What’s the biscuit looking things up top? And what does pumpkin pie done the real way mean? Didn’t realize there was a wrong way 😂 also what the heck is pumpkin dip and what are you dipping? 😂🙈
Stuffed baby bellas.

Means cooking an actual pumpkin and turning it into a pie.

Pumpkin dip is amazeballs. We dip ginger snaps and lemon snaps into it. Its pureed pumpkin, cream cheese, powdered sugar, sour cream, cinnamon, and orange juice concentrate.

So tired. So full.

Yesterday I made two apples pies and a one cranberry pie. Crust and filling all from scratch. Made roll dough and put the turkey in to brine over night.
Today, roasted the turkey and made mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, salad and rolls. Went to visit my MIL and bring her a meal in the afternoon, then spent the evening with my parents, brother, SIL, nieces and nephews. Ate way too much and it was all delicious.

Last edited:
PXL_20211125_164955471.jpg

Here Ii am with my amazing family at Rockbridge Trout Farm this morning ...

PXL_20211125_171009366.jpg

... where we had access to, among other things, fresh garden salad, two kinds of jello salad (cherry-cranberry and Waldorf, I think), cold smoked trout (yummm), turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, deviled eggs, a couple of smoked trout patés, gravy, cranberry sauce, some kind of cream cheese thing rolled up in a pinwheel with cranberries and honey, and fresh bread. I'm sure there was also green bean casserole and a multitude of other vegetables, but by the time I finished what was already on my plate, nature refused to let me go and sample them. I only had room for the tiniest slice of pumpkin pie and a cup of decaf, before staggering outside to go walk it off down by the trout stream, where we admired a couple of 18-24" trout relaxing in the ice cold waters. But you have to pay to cast a line in those waters, so all we could do was admire. This is our annual family tradition and we enjoy it very much.

Later, after the two-hour return trip home, I put a smoked turkey in the oven so we can enjoy another family tradition: leftovers! It only takes about an hour to heat, and then I made gravy, using chicken bone broth I'd made earlier. That was dinner. Meat and gravy. Tomorrow we may make a couple of side dishes and a dessert. Today, I'm just really thankful I didn't wear myself out cooking and cleaning or spending time with people I don't like.

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all.

Finally sat down after cleaning up.

L to R: I made cumin & fennel rubbed turkey thighs & gravy (there's more turkey and gravy but I didn't have a larger serving platter available), vanilla streusel sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, oyster stuffing, buttermilk biscuits, pumpkin snickerdoodle blondies.

Not as extravagant as some of the other meals on here, but this is for 2 people. 😅

Attachments

• thxsgiving21.jpg
    thxsgiving21.jpg
    304.2 KB · Views: 1

L to R: I made cumin & fennel rubbed turkey thighs & gravy (there's more turkey and gravy but I didn't have a larger serving platter available), vanilla streusel sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, oyster stuffing, buttermilk biscuits, pumpkin snickerdoodle blondies.

Not as extravagant as some of the other meals on here, but this is for 2 people. 😅
Outstanding, for two people!

Same! I kind of graze which is probably super unhealthy and explains the spare tire 😬
:lau relatable lol
Turkey got the Tony's treatment!
Wait whatttt!?!? Interesting!!!
Stuffed baby bellas.

Means cooking an actual pumpkin and turning it into a pie.

Pumpkin dip is amazeballs. We dip ginger snaps and lemon snaps into it. Its pureed pumpkin, cream cheese, powdered sugar, sour cream, cinnamon, and orange juice concentrate.
What the hell is a Bella’s 😂😜 guessing you meant bell peppers?? I swear you literally always make those 😂🤣

Ah okay shouldve guessed that lmfao

Ooooooooooohhhhh that dip sounds incredible!!! I need to make that ASAP 😂
So tired. So full.

Yesterday I made two apples pies and a one cranberry pie. Crust and filling all from scratch. Made roll dough and put the turkey in to brine over night.
Today, roasted the turkey and made mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, salad and rolls. Went to visit my MIL and bring her a meal in the afternoon, then spent the evening with my parents, brother, SIL, nieces and nephews. Ate way too much and it was all delicious.
Just cranberries!? Wouldn’t have thought of that but sounds delicious. We made an apple cranberry yesterday
View attachment 2909760

Here Ii am with my amazing family at Rockbridge Trout Farm this morning ...

View attachment 2909762

... where we had access to, among other things, fresh garden salad, two kinds of jello salad (cherry-cranberry and Waldorf, I think), cold smoked trout (yummm), turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, deviled eggs, a couple of smoked trout patés, gravy, cranberry sauce, some kind of cream cheese thing rolled up in a pinwheel with cranberries and honey, and fresh bread. I'm sure there was also green bean casserole and a multitude of other vegetables, but by the time I finished what was already on my plate, nature refused to let me go and sample them. I only had room for the tiniest slice of pumpkin pie and a cup of decaf, before staggering outside to go walk it off down by the trout stream, where we admired a couple of 18-24" trout relaxing in the ice cold waters. But you have to pay to cast a line in those waters, so all we could do was admire. This is our annual family tradition and we enjoy it very much.

Later, after the two-hour return trip home, I put a smoked turkey in the oven so we can enjoy another family tradition: leftovers! It only takes about an hour to heat, and then I made gravy, using chicken bone broth I'd made earlier. That was dinner. Meat and gravy. Tomorrow we may make a couple of side dishes and a dessert. Today, I'm just really thankful I didn't wear myself out cooking and cleaning or spending time with people I don't like.

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all.
That sounds amazing wow!

Those sweet potatoes and the stuffing sound really interesting! And I will have some biscuits and blondies please 😂🙈

Back
Top Bottom