Wanted: Thanksgiving Day Food PIctures 2021

Are you cooking this year?

• Total voters
Pics
I have a bit of a weird tradition of doing microwavable Swedish meatballs with instant mash for Thanksgiving dinner (I do actually cook my dinners other times, just not that day) and then trying my hand at something historical or otherwise unusual on the side. Yesterday I tried a traditional/historical donut recipe. A good use for 3-4 eggs. They're just slightly sweet with a hint of cinnamon. I don't know if this is how they're supposed to look or not, since there was no photo to go by in the recipe.
traditional_donuts_sm.jpg

They're supposed to be toasted til they melt all over the top:drool
That's how my mother taught me to make my sweet potatoes. They're disgusting without the marshmallows.
Naw, man! Just plain with butter and salt. Okay maybe a drizzle of real maple syrup and a squoosh of real whipped cream if I'm feeling especially festive. But they are awesome with just butter and salt. They're sweet enough without (gag!) sticky, sweet gummy marshmallers. Ick! :sick

Naw, man! Just plain with butter and salt. Okay maybe a drizzle of real maple syrup and a squoosh of real whipped cream if I'm feeling especially festive. But they are awesome with just butter and salt. They're sweet enough without (gag!) sticky, sweet gummy marshmallers. Ick! :sick
I like brown sugar and cinnamon on mine sometimes or just butter but can’t imagine marshmallows. We actually tried that one year and it was vile. Granted it wasn’t mashed, it was cubes, like a casserole, and also I don’t even think it was real sweet potatoes. I think we got like canned yams from the dollar store or something 😂🤣🤢 they had a gross sauce even without the marshmallows which were also dollar store lmfao never again. Maybe it would be okay with real potatoes and marshmallows 😂🤣😂

I like brown sugar and cinnamon on mine sometimes or just butter but can’t imagine marshmallows. We actually tried that one year and it was vile. Granted it wasn’t mashed, it was cubes, like a casserole, and also I don’t even think it was real sweet potatoes. I think we got like canned yams from the dollar store or something 😂🤣🤢 they had a gross sauce even without the marshmallows which were also dollar store lmfao never again. Maybe it would be okay with real potatoes and marshmallows 😂🤣😂
Shudder. Yeah, I've had that, someone brought it to a potluck.

Back
Top Bottom